Still hopeful, Home Buyer in Hickory, NC

Are there any lender working with USDA loans that will work with 600 under score?

Asked by Still hopeful, Hickory, NC Fri Jul 27, 2012

Answers

6
You can get approved with a 600 for FHA and possible get down payment assistance, I am not too sure about USDA, I have a great place I send my clients with scores under a 640 to get approved. If any company can get you approved its the The Lenders Network, I have closed some deals I never thought I would but they they approved scores below 600.

Hi Still hopeful,

Most lenders require a 640 middle score for USDA but some of us can go down to 620. The best approach at this point is to work with a mortgage professional that can give you some direction on how to bring your scores up. It maybe something as simple as paying down your credit card balances and doing a rapid re-score.
Andy- I got our scores from Amerisave yesterday. Our mid scores are 580 and 602. We can use both income or just one income. Which ever works out best.
So you are already working with a loan officer; that's good. They can typically advise you on what it takes to get approved and how to raise your scores. If you want further assistance I'd be happy to help, but it's good that you've already reached out to a lender.
Flag Sat Jul 28, 2012
Lenders will typically use the middle score....but you haven't provided enough info either....

Are you both looking to qualify using each of your incomes to pay back the loan?

Where did you get your 'scores' from?

Di you have middle scores?
Kevin- my high score is 655, husband high is 623. Which score does the lender use? High, mid, low?
No you must have 640 however some lenders have credit repair
They will use your mid score. I can recommend a lender that specializes in USDA if you would like. It sounds like you are very close if not eligible
Flag Sat Jul 28, 2012