Home Buying in Burbank>Question Details

Richard Darq…, Home Buyer in Burbank, CA

Are there any lease-to-own properties available in Burbank? Reason for asking: I was planning to purchase a

Asked by Richard Darque, Burbank, CA Sat Aug 9, 2008

home in Burbank toward year's end. Unfortunately, the house I am currently renting was sold at auction, forcing me to move earlier than planned. So are lease-to-own options available or must I rent another year? Thank you!

Answers

6
I tried contacting Lupe's office several times leaving messages with the reception and have yet to receive a call back.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 14, 2009
Richard, you've gotten some great answers below. I have experience with lease options and it can be a good way to get into a home.

If you have any other questions please let me know. Actually, I just saw that your question was posted almost a year ago! Hopefully, by now you are all settled into your home
Web Reference: http://www.DotChance.com
Richard
How frustrating!
However, we are seeing a tightening of the Burbank market, with a much lower inventory than a year ago.

Lease to own is probably not your best bet. Prices are probably still volatile right now, so do you really want to commit to buying a property at a price in the future if prices drop?

I suggest looking at renting for now. Depending upon your situation, you also might want to look at moving up your purchase date to now. I work in Burbank a great deal and would be happy to assist you if you need help.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Hey Richard,

Some homes that have nto been able to sell will consider a lease option. Whether it's listed as that in the MLS, ask your agent (of if you need one, let me know) to request that from the seller). In your situation and given the market in Burbank many seller's may jump at the chance. If you want to find out if specific properties are available for lease option, let me know as they are listed in the MLS.

Monique Carrabba
Keller Williams
The Reavis Group
mcarrabba@kw.com
There are also plenty of non-builder (used? previously owned?) homes available on a lease-to-own basis. I just did a search on Craigslist and came up with over a dozen in the Burbank area.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
yes, there are in toluca lake and in Burbank, I will need to negotiate with Builder. please contact me if you can afford between $2,500 to $3,000 per month on a lease with option. Option fee or deposit will be needed approximately $4,000 plus first month, credits towards downpayment is negotiable. regards. Lupe Soto, Expert Leasing Agent in Burbank & Toluca Lake 818 968 3718, sotolupe@charter.net (my email)