Home Buying in Lancaster>Question Details

Brooke Dreve…, Home Buyer in Lancaster, PA

Are there any incentives for a senior on fixed income to purchase a home in Lancaster County? Property taxes r too high.

Asked by Brooke Drevers, Lancaster, PA Mon May 14, 2012

I am wanting to buy a home in Lancaster City, near the Market. I am looking for a pedestrian village environment, low crime , honest, caring neighbors too.

Answers

4
Mary Lynn Kellenberger’s answer
Brooke

The USDA Direct home buying program is a great program for first time home buyers and for seniors on a fixed budget. It is based on your income and for one person the maximum income is $37,000 annually. Their interest rates begin at 1%, the loan is 100% financing, no monthly mortgage premium and they will finance up to $206,000 in Lancaster County. Only if your property taxes increase will your mortgage payment increase. Since you are a on a fixed income it is a great program. Not many Realtors are familiar with the details of this program. The loan is processed directly through the USDA and no bank or mortgage company is involved. So the closing costs to process this loan are much lower. The Buyer can receive their Good Faith Deposit back at settlement and all of your closing costs can be paid by the seller. Because there isn't any mortgage insurance and interest rates as low as 1%, typically the mortgage payment is less than buyer's monthly rent.

Please contact me I would like to send you a packet with all the details and an eligibility worksheet, approval only takes a few days. Good luck!

Mary Lynn Kellenberger
Castellum Realty LLC.
2938 Columbia Ave. Suite 602
Lancaster, PA 17603
Cell: (717) 606-4340
Fax: (717) 666-6350
Email: mlkellenberger@earthlink.net
Toll Free: (866) 980-8700

The Right Realtor For Your Real Estate Needs!
This is a perfect question for Gerry. He is a big proponant of reverse mortgages and really understands how you can get the best benefits from it. (Yes, you can BUY a house with a reverse mortgage) Feel free to call Gerry ANY time at (717) 786-9999!
Hello Brooke,
Thanks for stopping by and submitting a questions, we're here to help. I think Lancaster County has a wide variety of housing, to fit any budget. I'd be happy to help you in your search. 717-587-7977 (my direct number) or you can send me an email by clicking on "contact me" under my photo.
Have a great day!

Nadine Reinhardt
-- Realtor, ePRO, CDPE
Re/Max Associates of Lancaster
Office: 717-295-1515
Brooke,

I am sitting in my office now and would be pleased to send you some of the options that are on the market. Are you interested in having off street parking? Please contact my cell at 717-669-7894 and I can answer questions you may have. I am also available to take a look at a few homes this week.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Daniele Seldomridge

Prudential Homesale Services Group
150 N Pointe Blvd.
Lancaster, PA 17601
717-560-9100
717-669-7894 cell