Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

gohikeco, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

Are there any homes in walking distance to uptown Charlotte. Looking to walk to work. I need to be inside 277 and I do not want a condo.

Asked by gohikeco, Charlotte, NC Tue Dec 11, 2012

Answers

10
Absolutely! There are homes in several communities in and around the Uptown area that are within walking distance. Our office is located in one of them! We'd love to help you find your new home if you're not already working with an agent.

Single family homes in the historic areas are your best bet and they vary in price so, there's surely something that will fit your specifications. Several of these communities are located here: http://www.icharlotterealestate.com/neighborhoods/old-charlotte/

Let me know how we can help you!
Good morning GoHikeCo:
Uptown Charlotte is divided inside 277 by Trade and Tryon. There are four sections called wards.
Third Ward is to the SW. by Bank of America Stadium. If you need a "more affordable" uptown single family location, we are probably looking in Third Ward.
Fourth Ward is to the NW and is one of the best-preserved parts of Uptown. Fourth Ward Park is at the center of the neighborhood, and a great place to meet and greet. Fourth Ward has Charlotte's only remaining Queen Anne architecture. The homes in this district are very desirable. Some of the city's best walking can be found along its brick sidewalks and shady streets.
First Ward is to the NE and is very heavily residential and is also sometimes referred to as the Uptown Garden District.. Saussy Burbank and JCB Urban built some homes in the early 2000's this area.
Second Ward to the SE was part of the Brooklyn neighborhood, but is now the city's government center. There are no single family homes there now. A list of all Uptown Charlotte real estate activity from the last 12 months is in the below link. With so few homes available, you need to move quickly after a home is listed for sale. I think that there may be some close-in options along the light rail line. If you want notification the instant a home is listed, please contact me through my profile. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. Id be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Web Reference: http://goo.gl/Rd3Op
Welcome Gohikeco,

First of all, I love that name: go-hike-co. YOU have gotten some good answers so far. I am wondering if you have visited Olmsted Park, South End, Dilworth, Wilmore, First Ward, Third Ward, Myers Park, Cherry, Wesley Heights, North Davidson, Plaza Midwood, Elizabeth. These are great center city neighborhoods depending on your price and preference in living. First and Third Ward are your best options but there are not many houses to choose from.

In addition, here in Charlotte, the leadership wrapped the uptown area in the interstates making it a non-pedesterian friendly community. I would caution you in walking uptown streets because the drivers are not patient people. Perhaps, you should also consider what homes would be accessible via the Lynx system?

Happy Holidays,
Robin
There are also some single family homes in the Third Ward, near the Panther's Practice Field, Gateway Plaza & Johnson & Wales. You can walk or take the free Goldrush shuttle bus.
Gohikeco,

There are options for you inside the 277 beltway in charlotte that are not townhomes or condos, depending on your needs in a house and price range you have many options avaialble to you.

The popular areas to search inside the beltway for a house are in the first ward area and the fourth ward area. These are popular among professionals like yourself looking to have an easy commute to and from work.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
http://www.davedicecco.com
Yes, there are single family homes in uptown. I have a new listing in First Wards Garden District. It is almost 2900 sf, 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths. 2 story great room, an office, bonus room, front and back porches and an amazing 500 sf patio with a fire pit that has views of uptown! Awesome for entertaining! It is a fantastic house that is completely updated. It is located in a Charleston like neighborhood that was built by Saussy Burbank in 2001.

You can walk to work, or to the Time Warner Arena, UNCC's satelite location is just up the street. There are tennis courts, ball fields and the greenway access just down the street. Catch the Lite Rail on 7th Street, Shopping and many restaraunts are located in the area. A great walking neighborhood. A new park is scheduled to begin very soon that will be just blocks away.

Take a look at this website for more details. http://www.718E9th.com

Please give me a call or email me and I'll give you a tour of this fantastic home.

Tracy Clay
704-968-0579
tracyclayhomes@gmail.com
Sure there are single family homes in 4th ward. Let me know if you need some help in you home search my company offers great buyers packages that really help the process. We also have a great site to search on, I will post it below. If you would like the buyers package email me at charlottehomepro@gmail.com and give me you mailing address and I will get one out to you. Feel free if you have any questions.
Web Reference: http://Www.jonnyagent.com
Good evening, Gohikeco!

Yes, there are some single family inside the 277 beltway. If you aren't working with a Buyer's Agent, I would love the opportunity to meet to discuss your goals.

Please let me know how I can assist you!

Debbie

Debra M. Buck
Realtor/Broker
HM Properties
704-421-2107 Cell
Debra@hmproperties.com
There is a neighborhood in 1st Ward and a nice area in Fourth Ward as well that has single family homes. E-mail me directly with what you're looking for and I'll help ya out.

Size
Bedrooms
Bathrooms
Budget
Timeframe for purchasing

Looking forward to hearing from you!

John Siddons
John.Siddons@prucarolinas.com
704-458-1843
What side of town are working in? I am sure we could find options depending on where you need to walk to.
Jeff Monfils
704.975.7616