Home Buying in Sun City West>Question Details

Colleen Wagn…, Other/Just Looking in Minneapolis, MN

Are there any greenways to walk a dog in SCW? If so, where?

Asked by Colleen Wagner, Minneapolis, MN Sun Jan 30, 2011

Answers

10
Colleen Wagner’s answer
Yes, I know about the coyotes! I used to live in SCGrand. I had grass there so my black lab had something to walk on. I personally don't know anyone that is stupid enough to leave their dogs outside alone.
But thank you for the information!
Hi Colleen,

There are some neighborhood Homeowner Associations (HOAs) that do not allow pets. However, the vast majority of our single family homes here are not in an HOA and have no restrictions on dogs or cats. However, we do have coyotes in the community and they are a danger to smaller dogs if they are left outside alone. Just a word of caution, Colleen. If you have a smaller dog, you MUST always accompany it when it's outside. Coyotes will not bother larger dogs or people.
Thank you Ralph!
Are there any neighborhoods that
do not accept dogs?
There is a doggie park for residents and there pets. It has grass, trees, benches, fire plugs' etc., and there is a seperate area for smaller dogs if you wished to use it.. However, you MUST pick up after your pet!

It is located behind the main recreation center on the corner of RH Johnson Blvd and Meeker Blvds and is accessed from Meeker Blvd. It is located on the north side of the parking lot behind the recreation center and abuts the Hillcrest Golf Course.
Thank you Joe.
Just looking in Sun City West.
Would be curious "Shirley"
where?
is the one between Corte Bella and SCW?
thanks again!
Sun City and Sun City West are such large areas there will be numerous places that you can walk/exercise your dog. Lots of common areas. There are also designated parks some examples include:

- Del Webb Blvd. in the La Ronde Shopping Center behind Washington Federal Savings. Parking on Thunderbird.

- R. H. Johnson Recreation Center (Residents & their Pets)

Check out this website for more information: http://www.bestfriendsdogclub.org/links.htm

If you need additional help do not hesitate to contact me.

Joe
Can any of you give me a cross street or area ?? I want to look for homes close to those areas!!
Yes there is a dog park and several areas that are grass where people will walk their dogs.
Yes indeed! Sun City West and Corte Bella have what is know as "common area". Pets are welcome to be in these areas with their owners. Our pets are treated like out children now that our nests are empty.

Shirley Owens
HomeSmart
623-594-1881