csingle3, Other/Just Looking in North Charleston, SC

Are there any grant programs that offer assistance for down payments and closing costs?

Asked by csingle3, North Charleston, SC Sat Jun 28, 2014

Answers

4
Yes, there are several programs in place that allow for down payment assistance. I'd be happy to put you in contact with a lender who can help you.
Yes there are and it doesn't have to be USDA either.

We can get you $5000 towards your down payment on any home that qualifies for financing in the area!
There may be some properties in North Charleston that qualify for a USDA loan but may be far and few between. A lender could look a particular property up that you are interested in to confirm. There are some local down payment assistance programs. I recently had a client that did not have to bring any money to the closing table because they qualified for the program and we were able to get the seller to contribute to the buyer's closing cost as well.
This down payment assistance required no payback of the money as long as you lived in the property for the first two years.
Feel free to give me a call at 843-330-0403, if you have any questions on your home search I can assist with.
Steve

The Kugelman Group
Agent Owned Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 15, 2014
The USDA offers 100% financing in some areas. Check with a local mortgage broker. What you need to do is structure your purchase with a seller concession to help with closing costs. The big question, how are your credit scores?

Don Mituzas
Licensed Associate Broker
2008 Realtor of the Year
Douglas Elliman Real Estate
http://www.donmituzas.com
Thank you Don! My score was in the mid 600s the last time that I checked. I've heard about the USDA loan but I'm having trouble determining which homes fall in the qualified area.
Flag Mon Jul 7, 2014