Monte Winter…, Home Buyer in Alexandria, VA

Are there any golf communities in Virginia beach?

Asked by Monte Winterhalter, Alexandria, VA Wed Oct 12, 2011

Answers

10
A Certified Residential Specialist in the area is your best contact for any and all questions relating to real estate. Find an agent with the CRS designation behind their name as they represent the top 4% of professionals in the country!
Yes! we have several communities in Virginia Beach. I've played at a couple of them myself. Give me idea of what price range you are looking for, so I can determine if that price range and home is available in those golf communities. Contact me at 757-879-2592 or by email to give me your price range and how soon you are looking to purchase.
There are several beautiful golf communities in the area of Hampton Roads. I would be happy to send you further information on several communities that offer golfing as well as any other activities that may interest you. Are you planning a visit to the Hampton Roads before buying in the area? Contact me so we can discuss your plans in details and I would be happy to send you homes for sale that meet your price range and criteria. Have you been pre-qualifed with a loan officer yet, if not I would be happy to put you in touch with a loan officer in the area which is the First and Most Important Step to the homebuying process. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Ann Markley with Exit Realty Central (757) 513-0434.
Check out my website to start searching for that perfect home. Have a great day and I will talk to you.
Web Reference: http://www.AnnMarkley.com
yes. get a referral from a friend or relative for a local realtor and give him/her a call
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
Hello Monte,

I was reading over this post and wanted to mention that Virginia Beach is one city in the southeastern region of Virginia known as Hampton Roads. If you are new to the area, you will soon find the main cities include Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, and Hampton and Newport News. I am including this bit of information because there are some wonderful Golf Course communities in other neighboring cities. In addition to all the courses previously listed, A few courses not to be overlooked are in Chesapeake, Virginia.

Greenbrier Country Club (Private)
Chesapeake Golf Club
Cahoon Plantation

Good luck with your search. I will be glad to assist with any further questions via email or phone. Have a great day!
Web Reference: http://www.jenbasnight.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 13, 2011
Monte,
There is some really great Golf courses in the area. If you are looking for the Retirement lifestyle, then I would Suggest West Neck. My wife has a listing there and we have sold may homes in that area. Out of all the area Golf courses, It is my favorite. It is an Arnold Plamer course, with beautiful greens.
Send me an email and I can forward you some homes, that meet your requirements.
Yes, Monte Virginia Beach has golf communities..We do not have the bundled communities like Florida has, but we have several neighborhoods that are built around golf courses. a few of them are West neck-golf course is the Signature at West Neck...condos and single family...public course. Cypress Point neighborhood and course...condos and single family...public course. Heron Ridge....neighborhood and course. single family...public course. Broad Bay Point Greens...neighborhood and club. Birdneck Point neighborhood built around Cavalier Golf and Yacht Club....single family. Princess Anne Country Club....surrounded by several high end neighborhoods. Kempsville Greens...nine hole public course with townhomes and condos. Please let me know if you want detailed information and price ranges.
Hello Monte,
In Virginia Beach we do not have the so-call "Golf communities" as they have in several other states but we do have a number of golf courses surrounded by very nice subdivisions. Most of them do not require a membership.
Here are some example: (Public and Private)
The Signature At West Neck, Palmer Signature Course (4.5 stars out of 5)
18 holes over 7,280 yards with a par of 72 (Public)
Heron Ridge Golf Club, Heron Ridge Course (4 stars out of 5)
18 holes over 7,017 yards with a par of 72 (Public)
Virginia Beach National Golf Club, Virginia Beach Course (4 stars out of 5)
18 holes over 7,432 yards with a par of 72 (Public)
Cavalier Golf & Yacht Club, Cavalier Course (4 stars out of 5)
18 holes over 6,052 yards with a par of 69 (Private Equity)
Princess Anne Country Club, Princess Anne Course (5 stars out of 5)
18 holes over 6,042 yards with a par of 70 (Private Non-Equity)
Cypress Point Country Club, Cypress Point Course (4 stars out of 5)
18 holes over 6,612 yards with a par of 72 (Public)
The Tradition Golf Club At Broad Bay, Broad Bay Course (4 stars out of 5)
18 holes over 6,135 yards with a par of 70 (Private Non-Equity)
Bayville Golf Club, Bayville Course (5 stars out of 5)
18 holes over 7,120 yards with a par of 72 (Private Equity)
In order to help you better, I will need some information as to what kind of home you have in mind, condo or single family? What size home? example: one of the community located near one of the golf course is geared for 55+ buyers. How far from the Virginia Beach boardwalk, or the Virginia Beach town center? Price range of the planned purchase? Number of bedrooms and bathrooms? etc.
If you give me a little more information, I'll be able to perform a search and email it to you. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions you might have. Thank you.
Jeanne
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 16, 2011
Yes golf home seekers, there is a Virginia

The state of Virginia is chockablock with excellent golf communities, and they span just four hours from Virginia Beach to the Shenandoahs. Over the next month, I will be exploring golf communities in the central part of the state, less than two hours from Washington, D.C. and including the former capital of the Confederacy, Richmond, as well as a few courses and communities in the mountains, including the Wintergreen Resort, where on a clear day in January, some residents have skied in the morning and played the Rees Jones course at the bottom of the mountain in the afternoon.

Here are some of the communities on my schedule over the coming weeks, which will be interrupted by a visit to the family compound (condo, actually) in Pawleys Island, SC. If you have an interest in these Virginia golf communities or in any in the Myrtle Beach area, contact me and I will pay particular attention to any aspects of interest to you.

Dominion Valley Country Club, Haymarket, VA with an Arnold Palmer designed course. This is the first Toll Brothers community I will have reviewed. Membership at DVCC brings reciprocal privileges at other Toll golf courses.

Lakeview Golf Club, Harrisonburg, VA, a 36-hole public facility just off I-81 in the Shenandoah Valley. The courses were designed by different architects, including Lester George, whose Ballyhack Golf Club in Roanoke is one of the most exciting recent designs in the southeast.

The Federal Club, Glen Allen, VA, has been "saved" by a local businessman who bought it at bargain prices and intends to give it the TLC it needs to return to its former upscale glory. It opened as a private club, but the Arnold Palmer/Ed Seay designed course now gladly welcomes the public.

Some golf raters believe Kinloch Golf Club, Manakin-Sabot, VA, is the best course in the entire state. The design is the combined product of famed amateur player Vinny Giles and the aforementioned Lester George. According to Golf Digest last year, Kinloch is one of the top 50 courses in the U.S.

When it opened in 2007, The Manor Resort Golf Club, in Farmville, VA, was named one of the best new courses by Golf Digest. Now the Rick Robbins designed layout faces a revised future as the creditors of the surrounding resort scramble to figure out what to do in the wake of the developer’s bankruptcy. Nearby Hampden-Sydney College owns a few cottages on the property and is hosting a college golf event at The Manor during my visit.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 15, 2011
Hello Monte,

There is The Signature at West Neck, Herron Ridge and several other neighborhoods in VA Bch and surrounding areas. If you would like any additional information, feel free to call or contact me. The Riverfront (our home) is in Suffolk and Cypress Creek is nearby. There are a lot of great golf communities in our area!

757-719-3986 call or text!