Home Buying in Eagan>Question Details

steadgang, Home Buyer in Eagan, MN

Are there any earth bermed homes in the area?

Asked by steadgang, Eagan, MN Mon Feb 18, 2013

Answers

4
I know of a nice place in Inver Grove Heights and they are thinking of selling. It is close to Eagan but I have nothing in Eagan right now. Best of luck.
Are you wanting to buy one or just drive by and look at them? I know of at least one in Burnsville.
I had thought of building one do to the topography of a certain lot I saw. However, I do not want a har to resell house. Thank you.
Flag Mon Feb 18, 2013
Yes. If you are interested in this subject, I will be glad to provide you with information. I researched this thoroughly and when I had my own lending brokerage, I financed some of these homes. Please, feel free to call me at 612-986-4105
Are you paying cash? Problem #1 most lenders can’t lend on a niche property like a berm home. There may be exceptions if there are enough comparable sales of similar properties in a 90 day to 6 month period located within walking distance of the subject.

Problem #2, what is your exit strategy? The reason for Problem #1 is the limited market, most people do not want to live underground.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/