Collin, Home Buyer in 11561

Are there any decent (livable) houses in Nassau County in a good school district for under $300,000?

Asked by Collin, 11561 Wed Jul 23, 2008

My wife and I are looking to buy our first home. We have about $40,000 in cash and make about $125k a year. I have excellent credit (760) and hers is good as well (700 ) Is it feasible to get into a good house in Nassau County given our financial situation? (I apologize for posting this twice, my original post went into the wrong forum)

Answers

8
I will be happy to provide you with a complimentary account on ListingBook so that you can personally direct your search and have the results posted to your email each morning on a continual basis.

With so many short sales and REO properties, there are deals everywhere!

Realtors may not comment on neighborhoods or school districts, but if you go to http://www.GailGladstone.com, you can click on "community info" and "school info" and make the comparisons and a decision.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 23, 2008
Congrats.....Closing on your new home is so exciting... Good Luck
We actually found one - great block, good condition, just needs new paint, carpet and eventually an updated kitchen. Hopefully we will be closing soon. We're going for the loan on Tuesday. We have the preapproval but those don't mean much.

Have hope!
WE HAVE A PRIVATE HOME SEARCH WEBSITE FOR BUYERS AND WOULD BE HAPPY TO ENROLL YOU ON OUR SITE. CONTACT US @ LONGISLANDREALTORS@GMAIL.COM
Hi Collin. Please provide an email address and I will send program and MLS search for you.

Henry
917-497-0729
I am in Southwest Nassau and the answer is maybe. It depends on how realistic you are. If you are looking for a home that is in move-in condition then probably not. If you are looking for a home that is in need of work then probably. I am currently dealing with a number of short sales and REOs and would be happy to help you. Please visit my website to find out more about me and what I can do for you, Thanks. Donna
Thank you for your input Ms. Gladstone. We would prefer to be in western nassau county - Oceanside, Long Beach, Merrick, Wantagh - but would also like Levittown, Bellmore, East Meadow and communities in that area. Where would we start looking for REO and Short Sales? I check MLS multiple times a day, is there another source for listings?

Thanks!
no the taxes are too high, in the good school districts. try buyling my house in rock hill ny ainguaggiato@aol.com