Home Buying in San Carlos>Question Details

Brooke Sibley, Home Buyer in San Mateo, CA

Are there any beautiful tree-lined streets with large lots in San Carlos?!?

Asked by Brooke Sibley, San Mateo, CA Fri Jun 8, 2012

I love the community feeling of San Carlos and think it would be a great place to raise my children. The problem that I'm having is that I can't seem to find any beautiful streets with lots of mature trees and houses with large lots (6,000 ). We are looking in the $1.2-1.5 million range. Thank you.

Answers

6
Brooke -

Most San Carlos homes with beautiful tree-lined streets and large lots are in White Oaks, Howard Park, and Oak Park. Basically, you'll need to search within walking distance of downtown and expect a competitive environment when making a offer to buy. I'd like to learn why you are looking to buy in this area of San Carlos; ie: Schools, Downtown, Work, etc. because it might be possible to look at other nearby areas in Redwood City, such as; Farm Hill Estates, Mount Carmel, Edgewood Park, or Emerald Hills.

-
Kyle Else
Silicon Valley Properties
Broker: Keller Williams - Palo Alto
505 Hamilton Ave St
Suite #100
Palo Alto, CA 94301
650-646-1238 (Cell)
http://www.ipoHomes.com

lic# 01911193
Good Morning Brooke,
Sorry I wasn't able to get this out to you last night, it's been a crazy week. Below is a link to the MLS that will take you to all the Active single family homes in San Carlos. Click on the link then to view the properties click on each mls number. You can also map each property and view their Virtual tours if they have one. I hope that you find the home of your families dreams.

http://matrix.mlslistings.com/DE.asp?ID=965207034

Michael Kaprielian
(Sorry for spelling you name wrong)

In regards to the Agents out there, this forum is designed so that we can help the public get answers to the many questions they may have, not just for self promotion! Read the Rules!
Hi Brooke,
The answer is yes, yes..and San Carlos is an excellent place to raise a family...call me at (650) 291-9792 I will show you the properties that you will call home.
Juliette Najjar
DRE # 01118110

Coldwell Banker Residential Brikerage
Hi Brook,
That's one of beauties of San Carlos, have you been looking long? I will tell you that inventory is down from those years past. If you would like a complete list of all the active listings in the MLS plus those areas that are most prized send me your email address directly and I'll forward the info to you, no obligation!
Michael
Web Reference: http://www.MKaprielian.com
Some of the streets in the White Oaks neighborhood have the fabulous trees you like; few have large lots. But--some do. Last year I listed a home on Belmont Avenue, near Cedar, on a 7,000+ sq.ft. lot; it sold for 1.2. In January I listed a Hilltop Drive home, 8200 sq.ft. lot with gorgeous, big live oak in the back yard; sales price $1,057,000. It takes patience and perseverance.

If you'd like to discuss possibilities in more depth, feel free to contact me, Lottie@LottieKendall.com, 650-465-4547
Hi Brooke, there are beautiful tree-lined streets in San Carlos ... Carmelita, Alma, Tamarack, Knoll, Elizabeth, ... just a few that immediately come to mind. The best way to find a great home on a great street in San Carlos is to have a Realtor who is constantly on the look out for you. I'd be happy to assist you with your home search, please contact me at your convenience. Shirley Kraus, Intero Real Estate Services, http://www.shirleyismyrealtor.com. I look forward to meeting you!