Home Buying in Peoria>Question Details

Upnorth, Home Buyer in Bellingham, WA

Are there any areas of Peoria, AZ that are less appealing because of crime than others? What makes Peoria a nice place to live?

Asked by Upnorth, Bellingham, WA Fri Jun 25, 2010

Looking at buying a home in Peoria and would like to know more about neighborhoods.

We really like Peoria. Small town feel in a big town. We live here and hand chose it. We searched the valley for exactly the right place and just fell in love with Vistancia. Walking trails, golf course, and community events to bring everyone together.
Minutes from the lake - Lake Pleasant, and minutes from sporting events in Glendale or Phoenix. Miss the cool weather - no worries - head up north to Flagstaff or Sedona for a cool off or just plain cold weather in winter.
Sorry - I sound like a commercial but it really is a great place.
Can't say there isn't crime - thieves if anything. Just keep stuff put away and cars in the garage and you won't give an opportunity to the would-be thieves.
I feel bad now. Much better response Jeff... Very informative!
Dear UpNorth:

Washington State leads the US in out of state buyers from the US purchasing in Arizona. Washington followed by Canadians.

I am providing you a link from my website that will provide you with links for crime statistics by City and also for Phoenix. There is a wealth of other information there for you also. Click: http://www.arizonahomesland.com/aboutarizona.html I also have the highest crime rates by zip code which I have in an attachment that I can send to you by email if you are interested.

Peoria is spread out, with newer areas towards the freeways and the footballl statdium and old historic district in downtown. Peoria is known for its quaint antique stores. The hockey and football stadiums are surrounded by hip shopping areas. Also known for their free outside movies on Friday evenings. Plenty of shopping, freeway access and suburban neighborhoods.

May I wish you the best in moving to Arizona.

Regards, Jeff

Jeff Masich, Realtor
Arizona Homes and Land
Peoria is a large irregular city. The Northern parts of Peoria are a lot newer (Vistancia, West Wing Mountain, Cibola Vista) The "downtown parts of Peoria are older.