Home Buying in Seattle>Question Details

mvpnetwork, Other/Just Looking in Seattle, WA

Are there any agents who specialize in purchasing a home on golf course?

Asked by mvpnetwork, Seattle, WA Fri Dec 28, 2012

Answers

9
Seattle has many great golf courses, but many amazing courses exist outside of the city, on the prestigious east side. A short 20 minute jaunt from Seattle will put you in some of the best neighborhoods, boasting amazing courses. The bedroom communities for the tech sector, such as Sammamish, Medina, and Bellevue. Medina is home to several amazing homes, and is home to many movers and shakers. If you want help finding a premium location on an amazing golf course in a highly desirable neighborhood, please feel free to contact me. Let's make amazing happen!

Kind Regards,

Vikki
Hi mvpnetwork,

I have sold many homes on golf courses throughout the 20 plus years of my sales career. What golf courses interest you and what part of the Seattle area are you planning to live in? Your location will greatly dictate the golf course(s) that will be of interest to you.

Your price range will also be a significant factor in choosing which golf courses are available to you.

Warm Regards,
Karen
You came to the right place!

To find the right home at the right price, you have to know the market. As the expert in local neighborhoods, I can provide information tailored for your specific home search.
Here’s a good example: I have the resources to evaluate homes in the neighborhoods where you have an interest. This information will educate you on what prices are being paid for homes similar to the ones you are considering.

I know how important it is to have all the information you need to make the right decision. So please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions about this service or any other part of your home search. Working together, we make sure that you make the right move.

There are many steps in the home buying process. It’s easy to miss something that can add significantly to the cost of your home.
I’m an expert and can help you simplify this process and get the most home for your money. Here’s how:
I can give you a complete picture of the costs so you know how much home you can afford.
I can help you rule out neighborhoods that don’t fit your needs and find new neighborhoods that do.
I can make sure you have the latest alerts on homes that meet your criteria so other buyers don’t beat you to the punch.
I can keep you informed about what’s happening in the local market.
I can give you in-depth details on each home.
I can quickly schedule tours and give you specific information on the advantages and drawbacks of each property
I can also help you craft offers, present offers to sellers, and much more. Contact me at (benis.dawkins@gmail.com) or (206-883-4222) and I can help make the entire process simpler and more cost effective for you. I can help make sure you make the right move.

Give me a call so I can show you around town.

Here's to our success!

Benis Dawkins
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate
Seattle Wa
Real Estate Broker
Certified Distress Property Expert
Certified Buyers Agent
206-883-4222
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
I live on a golf course and sell golf course properties. Let me know if I can help you further.
LOL, Jerry. Location on the course can be important, but it's not necessarily predictable.

The only glass I've had broken on my house is one on the opposite side of the house from the tee. Apparently someone hit my neighbor's house and then the ball bounced back, and cracked a window in the garage.

Conversely, I've had two glass tables sitting on the deck for over five years without incident (knock wood), despite the fact that my house is very close to where the better golfers' tee shots land.

I would agree with others that really what's necessary is to pick a course or courses you are interested in, and then see if you find the houses in the area appealing.

Finally, keep in mind that at any given time there might not be a suitable house for sale on a course you find suitable. Right now, for example, there are only two houses on the course for sale in my neighborhood. Patience will likely be required unless you're willing to settle (not recommended).
I live in a golf course neighborhood and have had no issues. However, other houses have had issues so bad they've had to put up gigantic nets (one was foreclosed a few years ago and while it was bank owned, every window was boarded up -- and it was only two-three years old). My in-laws also live on a golf course and have had multiple broken windows. My neighbors have had three this year and only got full payment out of one golfer so far. So, I disagree, location (depending on the course and community, of course) in a golf course community can be *extremely* important.
Flag Mon Dec 31, 2012
What you want is an experienced agent that understands golf and golf course design
At my club they are building a home on one of the holes this the last open lot on the course for good reason
It's location get many sliced shots you are going to need a hard hat to be outside.
Hope this helps
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Not usually, as the courses tend to be far from one another. You would have to select which golf course(s) first and then the specialists may be different from one to another.

The age range of homes varies greatly as well. You may like to live in Tam O'Shanter for the course benefits that are included in the HOA, as example. But you may hate the houses. So when you pick which golf course you have to consider age and price of homes as well, as those vary greatly from one course to the next.

P.S. I don't know beans about golf...but I do know the houses around them are not similar from one golf course to the next. :)
Some of us seasoned agents are avid golfers who understand what emenities are available with the gourses in our area. Obviously, all courses are different and it depends on what you are looking for in terms of the quality or the course and what they have to offer.
Otherwise, buying a home on a golf course is not that much different than anywhere else except for the homeowners association information and costs involved as well as the benifits they offer with ownership!
I hope this helps.
I have played and sold properties on most all courses in the greater seattle area over the past 25 years.

Dave Reith
Coldwell Banker Real Estate
davereith52@gmail.com
206-947-6868
I have helped 2 clients this year purchase a home on a golf course but I wouldn't say my specialty is golf courses. I would recommend you find a buyers agent specialist and not necessarily seek a specialist for golf courses.
Search agents on Trulia and read peoples reviews, you can also find great agents and reviews on Yelp.com.
If you or anybody you know is interested in the San Diego area, I would be happy to help.

Joseph Arendsen
The Arendsen Group Inc.