Home Buying in Saint Louis>Question Details

Linda Volken…, Renter in Saint Louis, MO

Are there any agents out there that truly want to help renters find a great rental property?

Asked by Linda Volkening, Saint Louis, MO Fri May 10, 2013

Answers

7
The honest answer to that question is no...not many. Though, there are a few notable exceptions. The biggest challenge that renter's agents face is that few people who have a property to rent want to list with an agent or work with an agent and pay a commission - Not to mention the fact that most commissions paid to agents for finding rental properties are very small and require the same amount of work as assisting buyers. This makes for a very slim market of rentals for agents to access and assist renters in their search.

There are agents out there who are both skilled and willing to work with renters, but the majority of agents build their businesses around listing and selling property. I would recommend calling real estate offices and asking for agents that specialize in the area of renting rather than locating a property first and then following up with an agent. Best of luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 10, 2013
I wish I could help you but I am in Miami, Florida. You do have great answers here
There are certainly exceptions to this. I have found that often renters will later become buyers. I am working with a renter now!!
The Hermann London Realty Group has a staff of agents who work with rental properties. Check out their web site: http://www.hermannlondon.com

Dan Kimm agent
That's quite interesting, Dan, because I called one of the Hermann agents the other day (who placed ads on CL) and they have not returned my call.
Flag Fri May 10, 2013
Renters, do you think you can't buy. Give us a call renting or purchasing.
My partner and I do truly help renters when we come across them. Our outlook to you and renter is this, helping you establish yourself financially. Once you prepare yourself for home ownership, you will come back to us. Fair enough.
Sure, I know plenty who'll do a very good job for just a one-month fee.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
And how does that help ME? I am in St. Louis! Plus, agents here do not charge the renters, they charge the property owners.
Flag Fri May 10, 2013