Home Buying in San Francisco>Question Details

Carlos Carba…, Both Buyer and Seller in San Francisco, CA

Are there any Micro-Houses that exist in the San Francisco bay area that are proper detached homes with private yards and are not in-law units?

Asked by Carlos Carbajal, San Francisco, CA Mon Mar 17, 2014

anything less than 500 square feet -

Hi there,

I realize it's been a few months since your post, but I thought it worth while to respond anyway.

There are definitely a few single family homes in SF under 500 sq ft. That being said, they are few and far between, and even with the small size, they can be fairly expensive. There may be more options in other parts of the bay area than within the city limits itself.

Either way, if you're still looking for a home like this, I'd be more than happy to help!
The firm I worked at recently came across something fitting this general description, it was a turn of the century "bungalow" in the Mission District, needed everything (upgraded), was detached on all sides -- sat in the middle of a standard 25 x 100 foot lot, and though the price was "affordable" by San Francisco's standard, at $595,000; it wound up with 10 offers, the highest being almost $200,000 over the asking price. Oh, and the size, 680 square feet. Good luck in your search, but be prepared to compete for that little sliver of S.F. to meet your need.
Hi Carlitos,

If you still need assistance, let me know. I can pair you up with local agents that can assist you with your search.

Tiffany Razo
Referral Associate
DRE# 01891200
Better Homes & Gardens | JF Finnegan Realtors
362 Gellert Boulevard
Daly City, CA 94015
Phone: (415) 666-5886
Fax: (650) 757-1338
Email: gobhgre@gmail.com