Home Buying in Oakdale>Question Details

francis.minn…, Home Buyer in Fort Wayne, IN

Are there an pre-foreclousers in the oakdale area?

Asked by francis.minneci, Fort Wayne, IN Fri Nov 1, 2013

Answers

5
Frequent mistake I watch buyers make, focusing on the seller’s circumstances instead of their own. Niching a search to a specific circumstance instead of location and need would eliminate a lot of good properties. What if a seller didn’t have a credit issue but listed an incredible home at a very aggressive price, would you eliminate that property just because the seller wasn’t in financial pain?

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. This answer is my personal opinion, has not been reviewed or approved by the company I work for. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 1, 2013
Great point and thank you for sharing. You need to know how to identify if something is priced aggressively regardless of circumstance. Not all agents deal in the wholesale and investment market. It takes understanding rehabbing costs etc and what it takes to bring a property to market value. I have worked with investors who bought something because it was a "deal" only to find that wasn't the case at all. I met them after the fact and they wanted me to list it. After they rehabbed the property they were upside down.

You need to find an agent who can work with you to help you understand where to improve and how much you should invest in the property. As an investor and landlord myself I understand this market very well!

Thank you!
Call with questions! 260-312-4558

Unless this person is asking this question for an entirely different reason that doesn't have anything to do with purchasing real estate!
Flag Fri Nov 1, 2013

Thank you!
Call with questions! 260-312-4558

Flag Fri Nov 1, 2013
We have an REO listed in the Historic Oakdale District on 459 Englewood. (I block over from Oakdale). Needs work but priced very nicely at $67,500. Home was purchased 6 -7 years ago for $98 K. Please check it out on the MLS.

Call or email Chip Perry at 260-341-5038 or chipperry@remax.net if you have any interest in this home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
I have one at 344 S Cornell Circle asking $36900. Of course at that price it needs some work.
Drive by, grab a flyer and call if interested.
Ed Tobey 602-2609
I have a fantastic listing in the Oakdale area. Call me at 260-402-4083 to see what it has to offer.

​--
Jayne Shady

Century 21 Bradley Realty, Inc.
2928 E. Dupont Rd.
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46825
1-260-402-4083 cell
1-260-399-1177 x 217 office
1-260-637-5956 fax
I would be happy to assist you in finding a home in the Oakdale area in Fort Wayne. There are currently multiple properties listed for sale in Oakdale, please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss what you are looking for in a home & get a list of available properties put together for you. I can be reached through Trulia, below Facebook link, or feel free to contact me @ 260-226-3247

I look forward to hearing from you.

Todd Wagner, Principal Broker / REALTOR
T/W Development, LLC
Ft. Wayne, IN