Home Buying in San Francisco>Question Details

timmmy, Other/Just Looking in Santa Monica, CA

Are there actually any houses in San Francisco with a big yard?

Asked by timmmy, Santa Monica, CA Wed Jun 25, 2014

Hi. I'm thinking about moving to San Francisco and would like to live as close to SoMa as possible (ideally in the city itself). Also I would like to live in a house (3-4 bdr) with a big yard (5000 sqft). I'm ready to pay no more than $7M. Is this even possible? I haven't been to the SF yet but from what I can see there are not many 3-4 bedrooms houses in SF that also have a big yard. I'd appreciate any help. Tim

Answers

7
Hi Timmy,
Pacific Heights might works or if you are willing to go on Southern part of the city. Forest Hills and Saint Francis Wood can be an option.

It takes about 20-25 minutes driving in normal traffic from Southern Part to SOMA. Here is a listing that I recommend for you.

Please check the listing on 3242 Washington St,San Francisco, CA 94115-1622

It might works with you.
Hello Tim,

It is possible to live near to SoMa, it really depends on what is "near" to you: by car, bike, walk, bus, and/or so on. What is important to you: go to your favorite restaurant on foot or take a short driving? Would you rather walk, bike or drive to your work? How about parks,schools, entertainments? Please, contact me and let's talk about what attracts you to San Francisco and how i could assist you in finding your gorgeous home!
Hi Tim,

Congrats on your upcoming move to SF!

You can absolutely find a property with a yard that size in the city, although finding one in or very close to SOMA is very unlikely.

I'd suggest looking in presidio heights, Lake District, Forest Hill, Clarendon Heights, and Windsor Terrace.

I'd be happy to help you in your hunt for a new home, so feel free to contact me directly at any time.

Hello Timmy,

It is possible to get a property close to that sq. footage. There is one in a St. Francis Wood-a highly sought after neighborhood in SF. Please contact me at the below for further details.

Lizete Santos

Broker/Realtor
McGuire Real Estate
lsantos@mcguire.com
415-606-5053
Web Reference: http://www.LizeteSantos.com
No where near SOMA will you find homes with yards that large, it is dense living...urban style, like manhattan. you need to go to the suburbs for that, but in san francisco n some of the western neighborhoods you will find larger yards, Forest Hill etc... or you can look in suburbs on the peninsula, south san francisco, redwood city or redwood shores, burlingame, atherton, hillsbourogh or up in marin county you can find larger yards.

We have an office in San Francisco and can help you find the home you are looking for. You can contact me at 916-529-3707 if you still need help finding a home.
Hi Timmy,

I know a few agents in the San Francisco area. Please contact me and I will give you there information and they can better help you out. My information is below.

Randy Tanner
RE/MAX Direct
561-420-7955
tannergroup2@gmail.com