Jenniferr, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

Are there ANY grants for first time homebuyers in Philadelphia?

Asked by Jenniferr, Philadelphia, PA Sun Apr 19, 2009

I am in the process of looking at houses. However , there seems to be no assistance from this city during our terrible economic time.

Answers

4
Hi Jen,
There is one other program in Philadelphia although it is limited on who qualifies. It is called the Philadelphia Home Buy Now Program. With this program if you work for one of the about 30 companies that participate you can get up to $10,000 in grant money and also $2000. towards closing cost. You must be a first time home buyer and nay be limited to the areas that you can purchase in. Please contact me and I will be able to go into more depth about this program. I look forward to speaking with you.

Century 21 Advantage Gold
Brian M. Yoak
cell:267-303-7380
office:215-887-4653 x1318
brian.yoak@c21ag.com
Hi, Jenniferr,

Let me answer your question directly.......

No - there is no help from the city. No more $800 OHCD grant

Yes - there is help from the state - up to $3,500, but the interest rate on the mortgage that they give you is almost 7% - doesn't really make sense.

If you want to learn how to get stimulus money BEFORE you actually purchase, you can contact me and I will show you how.

Carol Murray Cei
ReMax Millennium
215-643-9661
carolcei@remax.net
Hi Jennifer,
It's a great time to buy with interest rates at an all time low. Are you looking for money down? FHA is 3.5 and sellers assist can also help you. You and I can sit down and see what you can afford. I am very familiar with 19152 and other zip coes. Contact me for a no obligation questions and answer conference. I'm sure I can help you.
Jen Buschel
Advantage Real Estate Associates
office:215-584-0769
JenBuschel@gmail.com
Hi Jennifer,

If you are a first-time home buyer, you can take advantage of the $8000 first-time home buyer tax credit. That certainly will help you. There is also seller assist to help you with your closing costs as well as low interest rates. It's an amazing time to be a first-time home buyer.

I'd love to answer anymore questions you may have. Feel free to email me or give me a call.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
RE/MAX ACTION REALTY
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office ask for Renee
http://www.reneeporsia.com