gcalvinrober…, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Are the red X buildings for sale?

Asked by gcalvinrobertson, Chicago, IL Sun Dec 29, 2013

If so is there a listing

Answers

13
Some of the buildings with the RED X could be for sales. The RED X indicates that no one is living in the structure so if there is a fire the fireman do not have to risk their lives.
everything is for sale.. you want to pay market price or more everything iis for sale
My colleagues are certainly right, the Red X means the building is potentially dangerous and vacant, so if there is a fire, CFD should not enter.

I would get a Realtor to work with, and they can do some research on the property or properties you are interested in.

If it is not on the market, there's still likely an option to make an inquiry to the owner. But, if the building is structurally deficient, you'll likely be looking at a whole can of worms to deal with to purchase and ultimately do something with the property.
Which red x are you looking at email me at jmichaels@remax.net
Calvin,

The red "X" is for vacant properties. If there is a fire, first responders will not risk life and limb to search for occupants. If you are looking to buy properties, contact me.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
ivan@atproperties.com
The Red X could be trouble for the property. Hire a good Realtor to help you find a great prop.
The Red X is usually a bad sign regarding the structure of the property.
Yes, they do sell them, but it is not possible to find them using the MLS system. Perhaps contact the city?
City puts the x on them as potentially dangerous structure
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 29, 2013
Work with a Realtor to have access to available properties.
The red X signifies vacant & potentially dangerous. Not necessarily on the market...
The Red X means that the building has been structurally compromised and could be dangerous to enter. The Red X is a sign to workers such as police, fireman etc to either not enter or enter with caution.
I have seen quite a few of these buildings for sale.

If you need more information about specific properties, feel free to reach out to me and I'd be happy to see if I can assist you further.
I represent Inner-city Investments,L.L.C. and am very interested in taking a look at a listing of such properties currently for sale: Dr. M.T. Bolling; Tel. (773) 970-5259

;
Flag Sat Jun 21, 2014
Fire dept has put x on buildings that have structural issues . These buildings are usually in foreclosure status and can be purchased when they go on mkt
60% of X are put it down by the city of Chicago
Flag Wed Jan 1, 2014