Lynn, Home Buyer in Portland, OR

Are the Orenco Row Houses a good investment?

Asked by Lynn, Portland, OR Tue Jul 22, 2008

They Could be! There are a few developments in Orenco, some have been undervalued in my opinion. I think the proximity to the Light Rail and High Tech Corridor will make these safer investments with rising gas prices.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 25, 2008
As an Orenco resident and HOA board member, I can honestly say that all the rowhomes in Orenco Station are better than new. We've undergone remediation for building defects, and the building envelopes have been completely rebuilt, often with upgraded materials.
Hi Lynn,
Orenco in general is quite popular right now. In my opinion, most homes seem to be holding their value better than other areas. Being a desirable area, and a growing area, it may be a good investment. In this market, anything will be a great investment because you're buying low and with any hope, this market will turn around and you will be able to sell your home for more than you paid a few years down the road. With that said, homes that are holding their value better than other homes are not going to be your cheapest choice. If you're looking for something inexpensive right now, I'd look at a newer area that will someday be similar to "Orenco". Prices are low and though the media says it will continue, nobody knows for sure how long this market will be this way and how long home prices will be low.
I hope this was helpful to you. Goodluck!
Hi Lynn...

I am currently handling the mortgage on a purchase transaction right over where you are looking. As was mentioned by both David and Tom, the location is terrific for both investment and primary residences. With all of the techies, you cannot go wrong there (in my opinion). You know what they say -- "location,
location, location".

The appraisal, btw, seems to agree with what you are finding here! :) Best of luck, and please let me know if I can assist you in any way.

Kind Regards,
Sarah Eubanks
yes, the definetly are, it is great location with easy access to Max, high tech, shopping and super neighborhood.
Web Reference: http://www.davidwaite.com