Pt, Other/Just Looking in Century Village, West...

Are service dogs allowed in century village,west palm beach ?

Asked by Pt, Century Village, West Palm Beach, FL Fri Sep 23, 2011

Answers

7
I live in century village and I have a dog there are 17 bulidings that are pet friendly so any dog under 20 LBS can live there but service dogs are allowed anywhere
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 15, 2012
can I have 2 small dogs for an apartment? both are under 10 lbs?
Flag Sun Feb 24, 2013
I'm a resident in Century Village and indeed, ALL service dogs must be accomadated. And there's also another factor to remember. Any dog "if essential to the physical well-being of a senior, generally must be allowed." For this status to be viable a letter from a doctor must be submitted- and with the doctor's letter The State of Florida has upheld that the dogs are essential on a health basis and can reside in the apartment.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 4, 2012
which buildings please
Flag Mon Sep 16, 2013
Bill and Scott are both correct. Century Village or any condominium/HOA cannot deny service animals. The pet must be registered with the state and your doctor must write a letter explaining why you have a service dog.
Most buyers just want to have their dog. When I bought, I only looked at condo that allow pets since my dog and cats are just pets.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 23, 2011
does anyone know the names of the pet friendly buildings
have great day
kathleen
The way i intrepret the law is that no service dog can be prohibited. Bill has a great point where it has to be a registered service dog, i have at least 1 person a month who says they have a service dog that just is a pet. they dont want to get rid of. The best thing you can do is check with Century Village direct. Good luck on your search
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Pt,

The term "service dog" is one that has been exploited. Some people would like to include their pets as service animals because they provide companionship, security, psychological support, etc.

Although I'm not familiar with Century Village, I believe you will likely find that for a service dog to be allowed they will need to be registered and certified as such and provide a like service for a resident/owner.

You'll likely find that the days of making a simple personal disclosure that "my animal is a service animal" are history. The best source of information on this is the Century Village Management company.

Your answer may lie with the ACLU.