Provided that it's use is in an area that you will never need to do anything with to modify or construction - then it's pretty much fine. If you know that you will want to make modifications to your home that would require disturbing asbestos-wrapped heating pipes ... well THAT is really something to think about then. Because that would be expensive.
So long as you don't "disturb it", it's fine. It will not fall apart on it's own over time. The fibers will stay where they are, instead of being released into the air, where they can then be breathed in and do damage. The potential danger is mostly with stuff like the pipe-wrapping, where it looks like layers of a cloth or fiberglass sheath around heating pipes. It's a very good insulator. But that's the stuff that should not be touched or removed, except by a professional, as the fibers are more easily released into the air if it's broken, cut, ripped, torn, etc.
The asbestos that is contained within floor tiles or shingles, etc is very safe. And it is incredibly durable. We're talking so durable that you will never ever have to replace it. It will last several lifetimes, without question. Really super stuff!
The floor tiles ... well, should I want to put another floor down, the best thing to do is leave the tiles in place and put another floor right on top. That is safe. They CAN be removed but it's best to just leave them and put whatever you like right on top (carpet, wood floor, laminate, whatever).
So don't be scared of asbestos just for the sake of it. A LOT of older homes have asbestos in them. I'd submit that it's likely that MOST homes built before 1960 have some use.
Many will argue that if the asbestos is not "fryable" and it is properly incapsulated, it presents no health hazard.
Everyone is going to have an opinion on it but ultimately, it will be your decision if you can live with it or not. From my understanding, asbestos becomes a problem when it is airborne. There are methods to "encapsulate" it that are effective as long as you do not touch it or move it around.
So you know, in North Buffalo most of the old homes will probably have some asbestos in the basement on the pipes. Again it falls on the level of comfort you have with it.
But then, there's the linoleum tile in the kitchen, and maybe the bathroom(s). Or in the basement, with the corners peeling from water vapor coming up from the concrete.
Then, there's the siding. Looks like combed cedar, but, it's cement board. Holds paint fabulously. Also has asbestos fiber in it. Dang!
Not to mention the popcorn ceilings!
Just because it is present does not mean that it is a health risk. If it is fraying and releasing the tiny fragments into the air that can be cause for concern. A reputable company will be able to inspect the home and suggest what steps if any would be required.
Take the time to explore the options with your agent. This could lead to a very comfortable outcome for you and the sellers. I had it on the heating system of the home I purchased and it was not a problem and still exists.
It is like having an old car hauled off. You may know it was there, but only tire prints remains. Asbestos, it was hauled off in bags by men in bulky suites who clean up every last bit of debris. If you did the job yourself, yup, some could remain and you could have breathed it in.. That is why we let the pros handle it. They know how to remove it all.
If asbestos is left alone it offers no real danger. Only when it is falling apart is it a real problem.
Having said all that, it will remain an objection to future buyers. So having it removed only makes sense.