Home Buying in Nanuet>Question Details

Law77054, Home Buyer in Nanuet, NY

Are school taxes included in the property taxes of the Monthly Payment Information? If seperate what is the school tax payment?

Asked by Law77054, Nanuet, NY Tue Dec 21, 2010

Answers

13
Hello Law, Thank you for your post. Regarding your question typically in Rockland County the taxes listed in clude both the Property and School taxes(also Village taxes if any). THere should also be a box if that amount includes any exemptions for the STAR Program(possible Veterans or Disability exemptions as well). Have your Agent verify any such amounts before you move forward. They can check it on line(Town of Clarkstown/Ramapo) depencing on location. If you need any further assistance just contact me as I am a resident of Rockland County for the past 40 years and live in Nanuet as well! Best Regards Allan
Hello, Know this question dates back to 2010 BUT I as a resident of Nanuet just looked at my increase(well over $1200.00!!) and am appalled!!!!! Will be talking to the Town/Senator & whoever else to get this resolved!! I agree with Bdterilli wholeheartedly and will not stand still until I get real answers!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Do not buy in Nanuet My school taxes were increased approx $1900 from last sept. which has me paying for property and school $11,339 for 2012. I am 67 yrs old and my husband is 75 years old. We want to get out of Rockland (too little toolate) as Obamacare will tax the sale of our home to be sure we cant' outlive our money.
Rockland apparently was unable or unwilling to keep Wyeth or Pfizer or whatever it was called when they began looking elsewhere for a place to continue their business.
What has happened to the good people of Rockland and Nanuet. Are we the only family feeling like this?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Hi, usually when you see a tax amount iin a listing in NY the school, county, town/village are all included in the number. School taxes usually make-up about 60%-65% of your taxes. The STAR program was created to help alleviate some of the burden of school taxes.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Hello Law, Just a hello. Hope your Co-Op has received some interest! Allan

Allan Erps, ABR,SFR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
BHG Rand Realty
95 S Middletown Rd
Nanuet, NY 10954
VM(24 Hours) 845-770-2141
Cell Phone/Text 845-304-3040
Fax# 845-624-7137
For the latest in Buyers and Sellers Resources,
visit my website at; http://www.allanerps.randrealty.com
In our area of Wisconsin, yes school taxes are included in the real estate property tax bill and amount to approximately 66% of the bill. You should contact your County Treasurer to see if that is the case in your area.
Best confer with mortgage broker if you are going to escrow your taxes. ISD broken to ID the amount however total payment should be included. You can also confer with county tax office who are professionals to answer additional questions you may have.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Hello Law, Thanks again for your quick response as well. I would be honored to work with you in finding a great property in Nanuet or Rockland County. Just recently found a Trulia client a great home in Orangeburg on Isabel Rd. Also recently sold Condos/Townhouses on Branchwood, Treetops and am going into Contract soon on a unit in the Timberline development. I wish you great success in finding a Buyer for your Co-Op as well as my wishes for a healthy, happy & prosperous Holiday Season and New Year. Best Regards Allan

Allan Erps, ABR,SFR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
BHG Rand Realty
95 S Middletown Rd
Nanuet, NY 10954
VM(24 Hours) 845-770-2141
Cell Phone/Text 845-304-3040
Fax# 845-624-7137
Alan- Thanks for the prompt response. The value seemed low unless it was solely property tax. Also, my parents, Orangeburg residents, advised me they pay 6K in school taxes due to a star exemption. The number purported didn't add up but I will contact you as soon as I find a buyer for my co-op in NYC.

Carmen- thanks for your informative response! I will do my due diligence once I'm ready but the #'s advertised didn't add up. Thanks
To add to Alan's response; given that taxes are such a significant component in a home purchase, I would not rely on the figures stated as they are only as good as the diligence of the listing agent. If you have an interest in a particular home, take the time to contact the Receiver of Taxes for the Town and Village. Some towns have the info posted on their website others will give the info over the phone or by fax. You will be given a concise breakdown of the taxes as well as any arrears, which could indicate financial distress, and all deductions for which the current owners are entitled.

Town and county taxes are paid in January, school taxes in September and villages taxes roughly mid year, depending on the municipality.
Since no link is visible--If you are interested in a particular property, any local agent can help you with any information, showings, etc., generally the listing should show property and school taxes together--and you can confirm all tax information with the local tax assessor's office--if looking to buy in the near future, do consider using an agent of your own, he/she will have necessary information readily accessible.
This varies by state and local laws, but property taxes here in Huntsville AL area include school taxes. Let us know if we can help more! Davenport Agents - Huntsville, AL