Comer8486, Home Buyer in Goodlettsville, TN

Are realtors able to help me figure out how to raise my credit score and qualify for a home loan? I make good money, but I am lost with the process.

Asked by Comer8486, Goodlettsville, TN Sat Mar 3, 2012

Answers

6
Since you are in the Nashville area, I thought it might be helpful to hear from a local. REALTORS absolutely can help you figure out how to raise your credit score by helping you find the right LOCAL place/person/agency to help out. There are several local options here. I would encourage you to start with http://www.woodbinecommunity.org/ and go through some of their programming. By the way you phrased your question, you're one of the good consumers who "get it" and know it's a process. This type of program may be exactly what you are looking for. If not, weigh in here again and I'll offer some other options.

Brian
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 3, 2012
While many Realtors might have some good ideas, it's not within the guidelines of what we do. You should talk to a mortgage lender. They will be able to tell you what's necessary to bring your credit scores up.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
I'm still extremely lost. I googled mortgage consultants in Goodlettsville, TN and every number I called was disconnected or just rang. I have been paying off debt, but still have a lot of medical debt due to a sick child last year.
Does anyone know any good companies in Nashville/Goodlettsville/Hendersonville? I would like to own a home by August of this year.
A loan officer rather than a real estate agent is who you need to be speaking to. The only real way to improve your credit score is to always pay your debts on time.
Web Reference: http://www.rodneymason.com
All good suggestions below. Ultimately you want all bills to be paid on time or sooner. Pay down any debt you currently have. Letters will need to be written to companies that are still reporting against you negatively. Do not do anything that will cause your credit to be pulled as every-time it is pulled your score will be lowered.

Most people choose to go to a consumer-type counseling agency, or only Reputable/qualified mortgage officers who have experience in fixing lower credit applicants. Use current utility bills paid on time and any Landlord reference letters.

Please only work with reputable/qualified professionals Comer8486.

Best of luck to you,

Rob
Comer8486,

I agree with Alan. In addition, make sure you ask the lender if he or she specializes in credit repair. There are some that will hold your hand through the process and tell you what you have to do to get those scores up. I've seen it done in just a matter of months depending on the reason for the scores.

Wish you luck.
Web Reference: http://www.lindacefalu.com