Johnfsa, Other/Just Looking in 21403

Are prices rising, falling or steady in downtown Annapolis? Are there any good homes under $500,000 in downtown Annapolis?

Asked by Johnfsa, 21403 Mon Jun 14, 2010

Are prices rising, falling or steady in downtown Annapolis?

Also what are the conditions, quality and size of the 3 bedroom homes under $500,000 within walking distance to city dock?

Answers

9
Robert Wakefield’s answer
The Housing Market has really picked up of late - multiple offers on homes, reduced inventory have had a significant impact. There are still many options in Annapolis - some requiring sweat equity but worth th effort to be close to the dock!!
Hi John,
I just did a search for you and found several really good possibilities.
Let me know if you would like to see any homes in that area.
I have lovely historic homes as well as newer construction.
I don't know if your still looking John but the selection has gotten a lot better in Annapolis!
I have a fabulous home listed for $448K in Murray Hill, walking distance to City Dock, restaurants, shopping and all the Historic Annapolis has to offer! Visit my website http://judyoldfield.com. and click onFeatured Listings.
The property address is 15 Morris St. This is a 2 BR, 1 FB, 2 HB historic home that has been fully renovated and updated.
Judy Oldfield, Long and Foster Annapolis
judy.oldfield@longandfoster.com
Yes there are currently several good 3 bedrooms homes in Downtown Annapolis in your price range on City Gate Lane, Dean Street, Cornhill Street and Pinkney Streets.

Dean, Cornhill and Pinkney Street homes are smaller and historic and the City Gate homes are larger and newer. The historic homes are very close to City Dock and USNA.

City Gate Lane homes are about a block out West Street, in the Murray Hill area. So they are still and easy stroll to Downtown and just 2 blocks to a new waterfront park on Spa Creek. Parking is also easier on City Gate lane than most of the other streets mentioned.

From the pictures posted on the MLS, they all look nice, but nothing like taking a tour to get a true feeling.

Prices have come down a bit over the last 2 years and most prices seem to be holding steady this year in downtown Annapolis. Even as impportant, if not more is the low mortgage rates at the moment can really being down your cost of the home over the long run.
Johnfsa - short answer: Yes, generally falling, simply because there is a surplus of homes in almost EVERY market. On the bright side, downtown Annapolis is a highly preferred place, so prices have held up very well. Most of my associates think we are near the bottom. Hard to call the precise low point, so I'd encourage you to WATCH, unless you have a need to move more quickly.

Right now there are 40 3/4-BR homes in the $450k-$550k range in zip 21401. Here is the easy way to view them all: http://bit.ly/bwBjV1 (Or see the web reference for a MAP VIEW -- makes it easier to figure out what "walking distance" is for you personally.)

If you want a FREE alert to be told IMMEDIATELY when homes meeting your guidelines, just shoot your email address to me. No sales pressure/pitches, just good data to help you learn the market.

Enjoy!
Curt Hess, CRS, GRI
(Living 1-mile from City Dock -- close enough for ME to walk, not close enough for Mom!)
Johnfsa,

We have many affordable homes in downtown Annapolis. As you are probably aware, Annapolis is a wonderful town. Home prices have remained level from 2009 to 2010. With interest rates at an all time low, this is a wonderful time to consider a purchase. Please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help you identify homes that would meet your needs.
Prices are stabilizing but not sure how much of that is due to the recent rush of tax credit home buyers and how much is the "natural" market. You can view all Annapolis homes for sale on our web site.
The site below is predicting house prices. Consider what they say. I did not see your city but perhaps the information would be helpful.
http://www.housingpredictor.com/maryland.html