Home Buying in East Aurora>Question Details

david, Home Buyer in East Aurora, NY

Are houses automatically re-assessed based on the new purchase price?

Asked by david, East Aurora, NY Fri Feb 15, 2013

We are looking at a house in the East Aurora area. The current assessment is based on the previous sale price which is half of the current asking price. Taxes are already high and I fear that taxes would increase significantly if we were to purchase the house at the increased price. Can anyone give me more information about how houses are assessed upon a new home purchase in EA?

Answers

2
no they are not reassessed in East Aurora upon purchase, we are at 1986 market value assessments, the assessment department does review the listings on online and will occasionally revisit some homes only if they have had a drastic modification since last assessment for example additional bathroom added without a permit, finished basement, or deck they do not know about, but for the most part your assessment will be the same, any detailed questions call the Assessors office directly at 716-652-0011, I would suggest you do this to get this information verified directly from them you will I am certain feel better about their policy's at that point, good luck with your decision and feel free to call me should you need representation on you purchase that knows East Aurora, 716-652-0232 or 716-864-7863
When it comes to property tax questions, it's always best to contact the local tax assesor's office for answers...