Home Buying in Spartanburg>Question Details

Homeseeker, Home Buyer in Spartanburg, SC

Are homes at westgate plantation in Spartanburg, SC losing value.?

Asked by Homeseeker, Spartanburg, SC Sun Jun 14, 2009

Im hearing bad things about moving there such as not quality homes and they are losing their value....Im scared to make a decision and dont know where to get the facts from.

Answers

2
Hi, I currently live in this neighborhood subdivision. It is a nice subdivision. Quiet with good neighbors. I have lived here now for 5 years and have never had a problem. I have come to find out in the last 5 years of living here that the prices have dropped in property value in this neighborhood because a lot of homes were purchased by rental companies and are rental homes. A lot of people in this neighborhood have built their homes for over 150,000 and cannot get that amount back reselling due to the economic hardship some people may be facing and also due to new construction in near by areas, so they are letting their homes go for foreclosure. These are nice homes for a great price. Just have a good home inspection, but neighborhood wise I have had no trouble. The only thing I would comment negative on is the home owners association fee here is 350.00 a year which is kind of a waste of money because the pool opens really late in summer and closes earlier than other subdivisions. Other than that it's a nice place to call home. Hope this helps:)
You need to hire a professional realtor who will represent you in your home purchase. The buyers agent should be willing to do the research that is necessary to assist you in making the best decision.