Home Buying in Robertsdale>Question Details

House Hunter, Home Buyer in Robertsdale, AL

Are homes actually selling at the asking price in the Robertsdale area?

Asked by House Hunter, Robertsdale, AL Sat Jul 18, 2009

I know the market is swamped with houses- both private sellers and foreclosures- but, I want to know if houses are going for the asking price or if sellers are having to reduce the prices by a huge margin in order to get the "sale". Any info would be most appreciated!

Answers

4
Dedra Lipscomb’s answer
Good afternoon, House Hunter,
I did a quick Hot Sheet search in the MLS looking back three months to the first of April. From what I see that has actually sold, of the 38 homes closed since then, only fifteen were below asking price, and only one of those was significant. It was a foreclosure and was closed at $50,000 below asking price.
What this says to me is this: homes that are priced correctly, in good condition and show well are getting their asking prices. It's the pricing correctly that is key.
Right now there are 109 active listings in the MLS system in the Robertsdale area. When there are this many in such a small area, it is so important to make sure that your house shows better, is in better condition and has the best asking price of all your competitors.
Please contact me privately for a more in depth discussion if you would like.
Warm regards,
Dedra
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 18, 2009
Based on the 58 homes that sold in Robertsdale in the last 6 months, the average sold price was 96.09 % of the list price. The average sold price was $107,410. Now that is an average from lowest to highest. The average sold price per square foot was $71.30 with average days on market of 139.

The median sold price was 98.47% of the list price. **Median means that of the 58 listings, half sold above the median, and half sold below the median. The median sold price was $102,000.

I hope this helps, but real estate is very specific. If I can help further please call me at 251-406-2859.
Web Reference: http://www.tiastanley.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 18, 2009
I agree that in looking through the available properties currently, that most seem on target.
You may use any tool you feel necessary in your negotiations, just keep in mind that foreclosure and short sale properties are considered distressed and are usually priced accordingly.
If the property is priced right, and you love it and can see making your home there, then negotiate the best you can, but don't allow your emotional attachment to it to drive your price up beyond what you are willing to pay.,

Best wishes to you in your endeavors and as I said before, if you would like to speak privately, just dash me off an email!
I am seeing a few that seem over priced (2 0r 3 only) ... but, the majority seem "on-target".
It seems as there were/are a number of houses for sell in this little area.
I was hoping to use that as a 'negotiating' point.
I am trying to be as informed as possible before jumping in to the fire!

Thank you for your answers.

I am looking for as much house as is possible for my money- in the current market.