Home Buying in Edgewater>Question Details

Tom, Home Buyer in Edgewater, NJ

Are condo prices along river road likely to decrease further? I'm looking for a 2 bed / 2 bath along

Asked by Tom, Edgewater, NJ Thu Aug 13, 2009

River Road - Edgewater, North Bergen / West New York in the $450K range. I just cannot believe the prices people are asking for homes along River Road.

Answers

5
Hi Tom, they probably will come down further but I don't think near the $450 range unless possibly you look on River Road further North near Fort Lee. Many of the buildings on River Road are luxury condo's and command higher prices. You should however be able to find a beautiful 2 bed 2 bath along BLVD EAST that has river views for that range or less. Best of luck!
Hi Tom,
I just wanted to know are you looking strictly in Edgewater or are you also looking in the surrounding areas.
If you are looking only in Edgewater it would be a little tough to find a home in that area. However, you may be able to find a condo near your price range. I would suggest to get pre-approved to show the sellers that you are a serious buyer. There is a lot of inventory in Edgewater so for you it is a buyer's market for now.
So the first thing you should do is get pre approved if you have not done that already. Another good reason for that is to know what your price range is without ending into foreclosure.
I hope this helps you.
If you have any other questions feel free to let me know.
Ash
Hi Tom how are you? I just wanted to check in with you on your home search. I actually just came across a two bedroom two bath along the river in Edgewater that is a short sale now - a pre foreclosure and thought to look up who asked the question about this specific type of home!

If you are not currently working with someone, please drop me a line. I'd be happy to follow up with you and provide you with the information.

I am a certified distressed property expert, so I can guide you with the purchase of this type of property.

Best!

Karina Anillo
RE/MAX Gold Coast Realty
(201) 795-5200 xt 332
(201) 355-6171
E Karinaa@remax.net
W http://www.karinasplace.com
Hi Tom, we are selling a beautiful 2 bed/2 bath condo on river rd (by owner). We would love to show you our unit in Grand Cove. Take a look at the link below and call me directly if you would like to schedule a showing. We are willing to negotiate. Mike
Recent surveys are showing that we have hit the bottom of the market in many areas. While prices have not dipped further, they have leveled off. Still, the law of supply and demand stands. In Edgewater, there is such a large inventory of new homes that you may be able to get a "deal" on new construction. But don't look to resales to "give away" properties. What remains constant in Edgewater is it's proximity to NYC, fabulous views and good public transportation. That always comes at a price.
Adrienne Petrook
Weichert Realtors
Fort Lee Office
201-390-7909 cell
201-592-1400x190 office