Sandra Colli…, Real Estate Pro in Charlottesville, VA

Are all agents asking about polybutylene piping when listing a home?

Asked by Sandra Collins, Charlottesville, VA Sat Nov 16, 2013

Answers

3
Bill Eckler-Florida,’s answer
This is an excellent post and one that I hope many agents take the opportunity to read, process, research, and apply to their business practice.

Since reading your post, I have researched this topic and now feel I have new information to be able to pass along to my customers.

Knowledge is an important piece of serving the public in a manner in which it should be treated.

Respectfully,

Bill Eckler
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 17, 2013
Sandra

Jimmy (below) is spot on. It has to do with the age of your home. Actually, when listing a home (or working with a buyer) I do not have to ask, as when I preview your home, I know what I am looking for in regards to material used during construction.

What I am looking for is a gray plastic pipe under sinks or in exposed areas in the basement or attic (easy to spot if you know what you are looking for)

If I see an issue, we would have a discussion about how to proceed.
Best of luck
I do when listing any home built in the 80s or early 90s. It is even on the Georgia Property Disclosure form as it was a building product involved in a class action lawsuit. I also ask about LP siding and Chinese drywall if it appears to be present. I am not an expert and if my sellers do not know, I ask them to have a prelisting inspection done so we know what to expect.