Home Buying in Tahoe City>Question Details

Land Seller, Other/Just Looking in Tahoe City, CA

Are agents' sales statistics available?

Asked by Land Seller, Tahoe City, CA Sat Feb 16, 2013

Who has sold vacant land recently in my area? How do I get to those statistics to find the top agents?

Answers

8
Craig Cooper’s answer
25 agents had a part in selling 21 lots around the lake in the past year. I don't believe 'lot sales' is an area of specialization that would make sense for you to focus on. If you are determined to sell a lot, I would suggest that you settle on an agent that you find trustworthy and a good fit for you. Then I would suggest that you pay attention to what the market tells you the pricing should be, not what you wish it was or what it might have been 5 years ago. The right price is ultimately what will sell your lot. There is no magic formula in real estate sales, regardless of the statistical analysis of which agent sold more than the other. How would you determine that the person who sold the most got the best deal for their clients? There is no substitute for ethics or honest and fair dealing in real estate, regardless of a broker or agent's performance.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 16, 2013
I agree with Lee below. You can visit http://www.laketahoeAaron.com if you're interested in working with a top agent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 26, 2013
So few lots are sold that any agent specializing in lots would soon regret the decision. Proper pricing is most important. Give me a call and I will be happy to point you in the proper direction. 530-545-0077.

Lee Roessler
CA & NV Realtor.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 16, 2013
Good point.
A successful vacant lot specialist would soon be working a checkout line.
Flag Tue Dec 3, 2013
When considering looking at agent sales statistics, you need to look at the complete picture. Consider an agent that is a marketing wiz as far as site optimization, a large budget for heavy exposure, etc....... Perhaps they get 100 leads in a given year. If they are weak in product knowledge, lending knowledge/data and closing skills, they may close a poor percentage of leads but look like a winner in the "stat column"- their stats may be misleading. There may also be a "team" of 5-6 working under 1 agent where that agent takes all the credit for some large numbers when, in fact, payroll is watered down with a staff of 5-6.........also not the real picture. Then, there may be an agent that gets 20 quality leads (especially if they are homeowner referrals which tend to be high quality) and closes transactions on 17 of the 20 which is an incredibly high conversion and success ratio. Point being that numbers aren't everything. I did a deal some time back where I worked with a broker and her 6 helpers (or "team"). After we went into escrow, I did not talk with her again until after escrow closed. My communication was with assistants and often unlicensed individuals. Many would have considered it to be a bit scary or uncomfortable to not have the broker involved with every phase of the transaction....after all, it is probably the largest purchase or sale one is likely to make in a lifetime. I think the most knowledgeable broker I ever met (and one I would want to do business with if I was selling or buying a property) probably did only 10+- deals a year. He worked them 100%- cradle to grave- and possessed incredible knowledge and negotiating skills. He was a fantastic communicator and made other buyers/sellers or agents feel confident and at ease that it was a solid transaction. ........he didn't want a hundred deals in a year....he just wanted to be good at what he did....He put the client ahead of his paychecks....... Point being again, real estate sales are large ticket items where one wants the best possible price for the least possible risk.....real estate is about relationships where you have confidence in your broker or agent. A person you can both like as a person and trust with your largest asset. When in doubt, interview a few in the business and go with who your heart tells you has the most knowledge, is the most trustworthy and who will work the hardest to protect your most valuable asset. Numbers certainly aren't everything.

I sell residential lots, and am with Coldwell Banker, but may also be interested in a lot purchase for myself. Msg me with the details.

Olja Mihic
Realtor - Coldwell Banker Tahoe City Down Town
530 448 6633
tahoerealestate@hotmail.com
http://www.charmingcabins.com
TSBOR is the Tahoe Sierra Board of Realtors. I recommend checking on their website for the information your looking for.
I work with Brad Hester owner broker of Hester Real Estate Inc. We would be your best choice for the Tahoe City area. We are located at 600 North Lake blvd #101 in Tahoe City right next to the Christy Hill restaurant. Can be contacted at 530 214-6085
I would be happy to pull up the information and show it to you. I have access to the agent rankings for the entire area.
Here are some market facts about Lake Tahoe area lot/land sales for 2012:

There were a total of 24 lots sold for the following areas: Kings Beach (4), Tahoe Vista (3), Carnelian Bay (2), Tahoe City (2), Homewood (4), Tahoma (3), Meeks Bay (1), Rubicon Bay (1), Alpine Meadows (0), and Olympic Valley (3) areas (TSMLS Areas 1-6) for 2012.

Of those 24 lot sales they ranged in price from $7,500 to $1,850,000. The average days on market was 173 DOM, but ranged from 2 Days to 1,647 Days. Cash buyers were 82% of all sales, with 8% as owner financing, and 8% as conventional financing buyers.

Correct pricing is the key to a successful sale based upon the features your property has to offer. If your property is priced at fair market value, combined with the efforts of a dedicated Tahoe agent that is committed to giving your lot the marketing exposure it needs, you will get it sold.

Give me a call at 530.414.1260 for more assistance.

Laura Allen, Tahoe City, CA DRE# 01473598
They are available but only from the MLS system.

Let me ask a question. If there was an agent in my office that was answering the phone one day and an owner came in and said, "I have a million dollar house I want to list with you". A week later another agent in a different office and company shows it to a buyer that buys it. Do you think that listing agent was the greatest thing since sliced bread or just lucky? What about the agent that actually had the buyer? You only see the listing sign and the sold sign on it, but the other agent sold it not the listing agent. Which is the top agent?