BobO!, Home Buyer in 92117

Are San Diego Properties High Priced?

Asked by BobO!, 92117 Fri Nov 28, 2008

I have been looking for Buying a house for my Two kidds that Are going to college in that Beautiful city!
What I have seen on houses, they are over priced and don't worth for what they are asking for.
I give you and example, There is a house That is foreclosing for Amount of $782.000, The house is in Market for $!075.000. Who is this Stuppid agaent that is not advising the seller to sell it by his/her own chosing for $50.000 Over foreclosed price.
I am watching this stupidity and finding that some owner's are not getting good advice from their Agents!

Answers

13
Hi Bob, the comps in this neighborhood of Soledad Mountain in Pacific Beach range from $949 - $2.25. They are in an upscale neighborhood in the hills between Pacific Beach and La Jolla. This is a pre-foreclosure and the owner is actually a licensed agent. If you'd like assistance in locating a bank owned beach property please feel free to contact me.

Katrina Hamilton
http://www.downtownREOs.com
katrina@downtownREOs.com
Did You buy it?
Or had you bought something else?
Or Are you waiting?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 2, 2009
no bob it seems you have not read your own question.
You are obsessed with the morgage amount. It hasn't been foreclosed on yet and the mortgage amount has nothing to do with the price.If you don't want to buy the house then move on to another.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 30, 2008
It is a pre foreclosure and that has nothing to do with the price unless the selling price is less than the mortgage. How can you say "stupid agent". The agent doesn't set the price. It might be a good price you have to compare it to what similar homes are going for in the neighborhood. I was able to find many similar homes that cost more than that one. I also found some for a $299,000 why dont you just pick something in your price range
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 29, 2008
San Diego is quite expensive compared to other cities in the US, but statistics show that it is not over priced. Actually, San Diego is one of the first cities in the US to start climbing out of the real estate slump. It's on it's way up! IT'S FINALLY TIME TO BUY!
:)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 2, 2010
House in the Question is Asking 850k now! After 90 days.
Maybe I am Hard headed??
O'K. We will wait and see!
It seems you didn't read what I said, The house is foreclosing for $787.000, The owner that happens to be agent is still marketing the house for one mil.
I read few said Up scale, ROFLAMO!
Yes there are few area Up scale but no all pacific beach is. It is hard for homeowners to accept loss in their home value but it is reality. Bubble has burst!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 30, 2008
Hi Bob...Would you like me to call you Bob or Charlton? Oh well never mind, I think it is commendable that you and your children would consider buying a home while they attend college. Are they attending UCSD or SDSU? I assume they are attending UCSD since you are looking at homes on Mount Soledad. Purchasing a home for your children to live in while attending college is smart because, if they like, and have the room, they can rent out part of thier home to other students. These other students can help purchase the property. If your children will live in the home for another 24 to 36 months, they should be able to sell at a price that will pay them back, to do so, they will not be throwing $ away on rent. However, You will not find a home on Mt. Soledad in the price range of $75000, but you may find a suitable detached home or a townhome in the Pacific Beach, University City or surrounding area for a reasonable asking price. You may be able to find a "short sale" for a good price if your kids can afford to wait 60 to 90 days before moving into another place. I assume the children are living in a rental presently. If my team and I can be of assitance to you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us, and I will send along the mls printouts I looked up for you...Best of luck,
Dutch
team.haley@gmail.com
Bob, a personal choice I would imagine. I received your e-mail and have forwarded several other great options. 1 fantastic one! Please check and get back to me via e-mail and I'll do what I can to help.

Katrina Hamilton
http://www.downtownREOs.com
Well Market right now is not that high, Buyers are few and scared, Like me! Who wants to get on sinking Boat.
I did send you E-mail.
Now if this owner is Real estate agent himself why he choses "Foreclosure" instead of direct sale for a loss?
I thought I should bring this up.
I always say take your loses there and go on with your life. Credit is more important than few hundred thousands!
Here is the Propery!
Property Information

Property ID 22834561
County San Diego County
Type Single Family Residence
Beds 3
Baths 2
Square Feet 2402
Lot Size 12100
Parcel Number 417-371-03-00
Lot Number 166
Year Built 1962
Estimated Market Value
Estimated Market Value Range
Foreclosure Information

Status Pre-Foreclosure
Recording Date 11/18/2008
Entered On 11/21/2008
Foreclosing Loan Information

Balance $787,500
First Loan Amount $787,500
Tax Assessment Information

Land Total $555,732
Improvements $223,342
Assessed Total $779,074
History of Notices
Understanding The History of Notices

Recording Date 11/18/2008
Status NOD
Property ID 22834561

Recording Date 11/18/2008
Status NOD
Property ID 22865132
Default Amount $25,135
Bob, I'm not sure about the details surrounding this particular property. But in a situation of foreclosure the agent has no control over the price and quite frankly neither does the owner. Asset Managers at the bank actually have BPO's (Broker Price Opinions) & Appraisals to support the actual sales price. End result is the seller's bank it ultimately the one to accept the offer. If you'd like assistance locating a bank owned property please visit me @ http://www.downtownREOs.com and I'd be happy to forward a list of availables that meet your criteria.

Katrina Hamilton
http://www.downtownREOs.com
e-mail: katrina@downtownREOs.com