Scorekeeper81, Home Buyer in Hot Springs Village,...

Approximately how long are homes in Hot Springs Village on the market?

Asked by Scorekeeper81, Hot Springs Village, AR Fri Jan 21, 2011

We visited in December and are interested in retiring in this area. Resale later on is a concern with so many retirement communities falling on difficult times. Yet I feel the current market is "worse case", so I was wondering approximately how long homes were on the market before finally selling. Just the average. . .

Answers

3
Hot Springs Village is divided into two counties/school districts. Garland county homes averaged 224 days on the market. Saline county homes averaged 109 days on the market. This is according the our MLS statistics. I hope I've answered your question. You may contact me at 501-209-1520. Thanks.
According CARMLS (Cooperative Arkansas REALTORS MLS) from January 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010 there were 377 residential properties sold, this includes townhomes, detached single family homes and new construction homes. The average days on the market was 137.

For a full real estate market report for Hot Springs Village please visit... http://hotspringsvillagelife.com/HomeStatisticsMainPage.html

Thanks for your question and I'll try to give you some insight into our market. In 2009 we sold about 332 homes and townhomes. In 2010 we jumped up to 373. The average home is on the market about 135 days now. Of course some sell much quicker than others due to many factors such as being priced right to start with, size, location are all other factors. Our market should be quit good in the out years since there are 77 million baby boomers retiring over the next 13 years. We doubled in population since 1990 and I think we will almost do that again over the next 20 years. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance to you my cell is 501-915-3535.. Thanks Again... John