Home Buying in Washington>Question Details

Lana, Home Buyer in Washington, DC

Apartment in DC for 120-150 000 $?What can I count on with this amount? The middle of nowhere? I am a foreigner who seeks living closer to my child.

Asked by Lana, Washington, DC Mon Apr 9, 2012

Answers

9
Hey Lana,

I can help you find a place close to your child. Here are a few places within your budget (http://mrislistings.mris.com/DE.asp?k=3041248XKJ4T&p=DE-…).

Call me at (202) 670-6677 and we can check some places out this week.

Talk to you soon,
Ericka
Hi Lana,

I have recently shown many condos in brand new or renovated condition in that price range, some with 2 bedrooms and parking, especially along the North Capitol Street corridor, on both the NE and NW sides.

If you are still looking, please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help you out.

:)
Kelly Putz
Realtor®
DC/MD/VA
Keller Williams McLean
703-961-8663
kelly.putz@gmail.com
Hi Lana,

For that amount you may find a condo. If you have not found one I can help. Prices in DC are on the rise as of lately. miekeba@heymannrealty.com
Hi Lana,

Lana,

Great to hear that you have an interest in investing in Washington, DC. It has been written that we do have one of the better and most stable markets in the nation. Having said this any investment in real estate no matter how small in long run is a great thing, of course with an educated purchase decision.

You are talking the sums raging form $120-$150k and this sounds to me like a cash purchase that you are considering to make, no?

If it is not and you'd like to stay in that purchase price range I invite you to contact Lola Pol (loans@lolapol.com) who can provide you with various loan options that might be available to you. Of course there could be some restrictions, dependant of your INS visa status.

If you would like to discuss this further, I'd be glad to speak with you. Please feel free to connect directly.

Best, Boris
Hi Lana,
Did you find help with buying your new home? I can help you. Contact me miekeba@heymannreaty.com
Lana, there are many First Time Homebuyer programs in DC that can assist you. These programs give downpayment assistance to increase buyers purchase amounts. If you want to learn more about these, don't hesitate to contact me.

Hillary Nash McAuley
Nash Holdings Co.
Exit Elite Realty
202.907.7301
hillarynash@mris.com
Hi, You can get very close to this price with very little down. I have a property for sale that is 1 block from the metro, shops, etc. Please give me a call at 2404267229.This property is well under $200k. 1bedroom, hardwood, updated
Thank you. Can I reach you by skype? I mean I am in Moscow and it is much cheaper for me to contact you via skype
Flag Mon Apr 9, 2012
Diligence, flexibility, patience and preparedness are your keys to success as far as your price range is concerned. Without complete knowledge of your details, the short answer is DC has much to offer in this price range depending on your criteria and the key factors stated above!

I would be happy to assist in anyway I can.
Appreciate your answering my question. My priority is the best location possible with this amount of money. I do not need much space. Studio is OK. Middle school is essential. The possibility to rent the property In case it won 't work for me to live in USA permanently. Thanks again for taking time to advice me.
Flag Mon Apr 9, 2012