Home Buying in Seattle>Question Details

bkortrey, Other/Just Looking in Seattle, WA

Anyone recently purchased in Seattle area? If so, am offering $100 to people willing to talk about use of online resources during search process.

Asked by bkortrey, Seattle, WA Sun Jun 9, 2013

Answers

7
BK,
If anyone is in need of comprehenisve, accurate, timely, relevant real estate data the ONLY resouce you should condsider is the local Multiple Listing Service. A REALTOR (r) will be able to provide FREE access and, if appropriate, a short tutorial on how it should be used.
-
Many MLS now include Corelogic integration which unlocks a wealth of data that is simply unequaled in the ability to conduct research.
-
Other aggregate website sources will result in chasing the vapors of home sold long ago or the ittlusions of homes that were never for sale.
-
Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4031
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
I purchased in February. $100 doesn't woo me. If you're after good info, and you intend to do something with it that's good for the market, I'll chirp for nothing.
Information will be used by a Japanese company to make improvements to their web site and try to find out whet kinds of info home buyers want to look for themselves on the internet and what kinds of information and services (and traits) they want from agents. So good potentially for the Japanese market. Don't know if that counts.
Flag Mon Jun 24, 2013
I'll save you $100. Work with an agent that will mentor you so you can make the best use, not only of the "online resources" (many of which are useless), but of the expertise that only people who have bought and sold many homes can possess.

If you are writing a book, I'll talk to you for free. Actually - you can give the $100 to the Audubon Society.
bkortrey....interesting..............Japan is behind the US in online RE data/resources............that's surprising to me!

bkortrey,
Contact me. If I believe your legitimate, I'll have some of my recent clients get in contact with you.
Dan, thanks very much - that would be great. Do you want to do this telephonically? If yes, my phone number is 732-977-8641. You can take a look at my LinkedIn profile, if that would help. You will see the Japan connection there. If you have specific questions, I would be glad to answer them. Also, not sure if it matters, but the point of this project is in no way agent disintermediation. It is really about the reality that in the U.S., the vast majority of searches for residential real estate begin online, and given that, it can only help real estate entities with a web presence to provide the best tools possible.
Flag Mon Jun 10, 2013
are you conducting a survey........................or compiling data for a book or article?
Not a book or article - trying to arrange interviews for a Japanese real estate company (that does not do business in the US) on features that are important in online home search - Japan is about 5 years behind the US in use of online resources in the home search process and they want to get ideas about improving the usability of their own Japan-centric sites.
Flag Sun Jun 9, 2013
If you are thinking about purchasing a home in the Seattle area I would have to say that using a Real Estate Agent is one of the best resources that you can use. Usually if you are the buyer there isn't any cost for you to have a real estate agent work with you. My phone is always on and I am always happy to assist with the purchase or sale of any home. If you have any other questions feel free to give me a call.
Didn't you bother to read his question? He isn't looking for an agent - he is compiling data for some reason
Flag Sun Jun 9, 2013