If you need a referral for a good attorney, contact me direct and I can give you some names. Aside from that, here are some helpful tips when choosing an attorney:
1) Your attorney should specialize in real estate.
2) Your attorney should have some experience.
3) Your attorney should be located in the area of the property (Brooklyn).
4) If purchasing a condo, your attorney should be familiar with reading offering plan books and condo financial statements.
5) Don't pick an attorney based on the fee they charge as cheapest is not always best!
The fee can vary greatly from attorney to attorney. Usually they charge a flat fee. You should interview several attorneys and see who you feel most comfortable with, ask them what their fees are as well. Good luck!
Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797