Home Buying in Downingtown>Question Details

John Creswell, Home Buyer in Downingtown, PA

Anyone knows Reserve at Waynebrook by David Cutler? Good choice? Resale prospect? I am not in Philly and need some opinion. Thanks.

Asked by John Creswell, Downingtown, PA Fri Feb 12, 2010

Answers

5
I am not speaking for the builder as I don't know his reputation; but in my opinion, this is a HORRIBLE neighborhood: the house are extremely close together with absolutely NO yards. The inside of the houses are pretty nice but with an odd floorplan, including having to make a 90 degree turn to get into your garage. Traffic is also really conjested there. Also, these houses were built during "the boom" but have dropped significantly in price. It wouldn't be a good resale option. My opinion? Don't buy in there.
I know this post is a little outdated but I thought I would post for other who are currently looking to buy a home from David Cutler Group.

I live in a David Cutler Development (Reserve at Hilltown) and there are major issues with improper installation of windows causing significant issues with mold and homeowners are spending10's of thousands to over a $100,000 repairing homes, especially when it comes time to sell. I personally can attest to the fact that he is far from reputable and does not stand behind his work. He is surrounded by people who lack the knowledge and skills to design a home (I.e. ask to meet the VP of Design) and then he hires unskilled labor to build them. And when you have problems ( which you will with any new construction), the customer service team is excellent at blowing you off and finding excuses as to why no one is available to speak with you. Now, when you finally have someone from DCG finally answer the phone after calling an emails them over and over, they send out a service tech only to appease the homeowner but has no clue on how to resolve and makes promises which he knows that will not be kept. (They even talk about how bad the design or how awful the customer service responses are). This is just a false sense of security to keep things dragging on. Just ask to meet the VP of Design before you sign! You will buy elsewhere!
Newer homes in an area that has seen a great deal of building at the heighth of the market. Prices are coming down on some. Depending on what your specific criteria are the Reserve could be a good buy. The area up there has grown considerably and traffic can be difficult depending on where you're going and the time of day. There are many other factors to consider in making your decision so once you choose a Realtor she/he will be able to help you put priorities in order.
Web Reference: http://www.MainLineWest.com
David Cutler is a notable builder in the area. Newer homes, modern layout. Near village of Eagle and Marsh Creek state park. Easy access to PA Turnpike and other major arteries. Good Hunting!
In the height of the market prices in there got crazy high, like everywhere else they have come down some now. Please contact me with any specific questions, thanks.