Susan, Home Buyer in 10541

Anyone interested in helping a newbee to real estate investing?

Asked by Susan, 10541 Thu May 21, 2009

I am writing because I am new in the area and I am interested in short sales, as is, fixer-uppers, pre-foreclosures etc. I want to get into real estate investing throught a program online PMI that I am taking now. Is there anyone out there that would like to work with me and help me get started and show me the ropes in this business?

Nunzio Zappola’s answer
I have done some purchase and selling for profit in my 25 years working in this industry. I work in suffolk county which is a big area I have done projects all over this area . I am licensed in both real estate sales and as a contractor. I love to help people through the process of buying and selling as you refer you would like to do. Contact me if this is an area of intrest to you. I will tell you that good credit is going to be your most important asset at this point. unless you have a pocket full of presidents.
If this is not your investment area I am still available to assist you in any way I could.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 21, 2009
Almost forgot; What is PMI? That is one I have not heard of yet and when I did a search for it, I got a lot of interesting results, but the only thing close was an Financial Group on Yahoo.

Please Be Aware that there are thousands of Investment Schemes out there. If everyone could really get rich through Real Estate Investing, then everyone would do it. It is in fact, one of the most difficult businesses to be in. Your chance for gain is as great as your chance for loss. ie: If you can make $100k in a few months...you can also LOSE $100K in a Few Months. Not many can deal with risk like that.
Hi Susan,

I see you posted this question in two different areas. There are over 7000 agents in the Westchester,Putnam area that would love to help you buy something. With that many choices, be sure you Interview your agents to see how they can help you. You will want to know things like:

How Many Investors are you working with? Are there conflicts of interest?
How many deals for investors have you completed?
Do you help the investor Analise the market?
Do you handle rental property? (most investors will rent, if you are looking to flip...Well Don;t Go There! Not Now!
Do you manage Rental Properties?

Add in as many other questions as you want to know. You are Interviewing for a "partner" in your business. You will want to enter into a Buyer Agency Agreement with this person to insure you and he/she have a mutual understanding of what each is to expect out of the relationship.

Naturally, I would not be answering this if I were not able to help you, but do your research and if you are interested in sitting down with me, I will welcome the opportunity to assist you. Keep in mind that I too will be interviewing you to see if you are indeed ready willing and ABLE to be an investor. My investor Clients and I have long and prosperous relationships.

All the best in your decision.