Home Buying in Parkrose>Question Details

Matthew V Th…, Home Buyer in Oregon

Anyone here ever speak to the underwriter for those taking a security interest in a home?

Asked by Matthew V Thompson, Oregon Tue Jun 26, 2012

Answers

5
I have had conversations with three different underwriters so far today. Will have at least one more before the day is over. Your question is worded oddly to me, “taking a security interest” doesn’t sound like taking title. All of my underwriters follow the AUS decision almost 100% of the time, nothing to explain. Good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 26, 2012
Jim, thanks for the information. Corrected the profile. Oregon
Flag Thu Jun 28, 2012
If you go local there are good chances to get in touch with the underwriter (if really necessary). It happened to me twice and not because I’ve initiated the contact. I was really surprised. But the issues were really minor.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 26, 2012
I would go thru the mortgage broker but I believe that you need local under writing so your lender can walk across the hall and speak to the person across the hall as in the case with Equity Home Mortgage everything local and you can speak to the person who makes the decision. Go local. Good Luck, Tom
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 26, 2012
While it is true that getting to talk to the underwriters is rare, I have requested, through the lender, to speak directly to underwriting when I can support with evidence additional information that I believe they are not taking into consideration. I prepare a concise document that has a table of contents to leave with the underwriter and which includes the information I hope to have considered. That said, this only works (and I am not sure it really does work) in small organizations where you might get someone with the title of underwriter who has any real authority. As with most institutions, underwriting is a department, and you are never certain who is a decision maker or if they are just collecting data to use in a larger system of decision making. I don't ever hold our real hope that talking with the underwriter will result in anything positive for a current transaction....I just hope the information will impact an identified trend of that department that has a negative result in my business. Karla Divine, 503-819-6923 karla@karladivine.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 26, 2012
Most loan officers are in contact with their underwriters all the time, appraisers only hear from them directly a very few times, if the request is not clear to us when they want something explained more on a appraisal report. Agents normally too don't have direct contact with an underwriter, so best to talk to a loan rep. to answer your request.

HLR
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 26, 2012