HomeBuyer, Home Buyer in 35802

Anyone heard of Valor Communities?

Asked by HomeBuyer, 35802 Fri Jul 13, 2012

I am looking at brand new and semi-brand new homes in 35758, 35757 and 35824.
Saw some nice homes from Valor in this area.
I've lived here for 3 years now ... and I have never come across this builder.

Answers

7
Several agents here are right about Valor being somewhat new to Huntsville. I have helped sell a few this year and can honestly say I believe in their building process and customer service. Of course someone may have a bad experience with a super or Valor Agent. It may just be clashing personalities. I can assure you, from my experiences, the builder is far more concerned about making a GOOD lasting impression in the communities than squeezing their customers. I work with a lot of "New Construction" and I think Valor is definitely a Premier builder in this area. They deliver more style than any other "production" builder in Huntsville. I have been welcomed to visit every step in the build to see the quality they put into their builds. I do not think you will be disappointed with Valor.
P.S. They also build in Hampton Cove and have started a community just off County Line Rd in addition to the others.
Worst decision we've ever made was to purchase a Valor home. It's been months and our home still full of broken promises and countless issues. Our builder Kyle was rude and arrogant.
Valor seems to care more about their specs and clients with special needs to close then their other clients. Seems like things go up quickly in the beginning and as you get closer to closing you wonder if you are going to make your closing date and they ensure you they have never missed a closing even though nothing is being done in the house. Then as closing nears, people start populating at the house to all the sudden do the job in a frenzy. This is not good customer service. Not to mention you are told one thing and then another by different people and the contractor lies. Let's hope things don't start falling apart within the first year! If you are looking to build with these people, RUN! I also have Kyle and he is rude and arrogant I confirm!
Flag Fri Mar 21, 2014
Flag Fri Mar 21, 2014
Hi Danielle,
I've been looking into Valor Homes and although I really like their look and feel, I'm very concerned with their lack of rapport in this area. If you have the time, could you elaborate on some of the issues you've had with Valor?

Thanks for your feedback!
Adam
Flag Tue Feb 11, 2014
We had a very good experience with Valor well beyond the first year of ownership. Our agent - and their agent had a very good working relationship which smoothened out any issues / requests that we made. They exceeded our expectations.
Flag Tue Jan 7, 2014
Valor is fairly new to this area, they are from around Georgia, but operate under a different name there. They seem to offer a lot of square footage for less money. They have a lot of competition from other builders in the areas right around them. I think only time will tell as to the overall quality, but they do offer the standard builder 2/10 warranty. They have some nice options for people to choose from, and bundle many upgrades into packages that can save you money.

It's a good idea to hire a buyer's agent (it doesn't cost you a penny) and can give you a fresh perspective on builder comparisons, resale properties and the myriad of other things to look out for when building or buying a new house. Site agents represent the seller. Since, Alabama is the last buyer beware state, buyer's really have to do their homework!

Let me know if I can help you!
One of our friends lives in a neighborhood where Valor is building. We went in and saw the houses and were impressed. We also met the president of the company there - which was pretty cool. We like the homes and when our lease is up, they are definitely on our list.
Hey Rocketer,
I bought at Valor. I was just about to sign the paperwork with another builder - but did a quick impromptu visit to Valor. I was blown away. Although I did not meet the president or owner until many weeks later, I got a very good deal - more amenities,sq footage for $ than most builders but with quality and design comparable to a mid to premium builder. I visit the site almost every day - with a buddy - so I do get to inspect every detail - stud, OSB, wrap etc. You won't regret it so long as you pick your desired location.
Flag Wed Sep 19, 2012
yes. give me a call, I can go through all their promo items with you.....I don't represent them either!
I don't know a ton about the company. They are relatively new to the Huntsville area. They do have the standard builders warranties plus a little more. They are building in several Madison neighborhoods at present. Ask them for references, google them, ask other Realtors about them but be sure you are comfortable with them before you buy. This is a generally good idea, a home is a big investment and you want to be sure about the builder,etc. There are quite a few builders in that area ..do some comparison shopping. If you need Realtor assistance do not hesitate to ask your Realtor.
I haven't seen any finished homes or any under construction by Valor Homes in the City of Madison. They have a neighborhood called Ashton Springs in NW Huntsville off of Indian Creek Road and one off of Zierdt Road-Natures Landing at the Reserve. I was very impressed with Ashton Springs, it has the Village of Providence look without the high price tag. The homes are finished out very well for the price.
Flag Fri Mar 28, 2014