Potentiallyb…, Home Buyer in 23060

Anyone having issues with Hallmark Home Builders?

Asked by Potentiallybuyingafrigginhouse, 23060 Thu Dec 22, 2011

We are currently trying to buy a house and believe they are having a financial problems. They are not being cooperative with changes to the house and I believe the deposit money that is suppose to be in escrow is no longer there. Contacted the board and will be calling a attorney possibly if we can't get our money back.

Answers

2
Did you buy straight from the builder or did you use an agent to assist you? Builder's contracts are different from the standard contracts that we use as real estate professionals here in the Richmond area. One of my clients just signed with a builder and his contract stated that the builder did not have to leave the deposit in escrow and that the funds could be used to start contruction of the home. So, you may not understand your contract and getting legal advice from a local attorney is advisable. I like Duane Deskovich with Cawthorn, Pickard, Rowe & Deskovich. That office number is 804-288-7999.

I hope that you get your issues resolved and just keep in mind that using a real estate professional to help guide you and advise you usually does not cost you anything when purchasing a home. The selling party usually pays the commission to the agent, so you have nothing to lose and so much to gain from someone that has been in this business and understands these contracts. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 24, 2011
I'm not an attorney so this is not legal advice, but I would look at the contract and see if it states that the deposit should be held in an escrow account or not. Many times on new construction the builder can spend the funds for daily operations. If you are looking for a great real estate attorney, I would highly recommend Craig Lane of Lane and Hamner 804-745-2144.

Hope that helps!

Ryan C. Sanford
Associate Broker, CDPE
RE/MAX Commonwealth
The Ryan Sanford Team
9401 Courthouse Road, Suite 200
Chesterfield, VA 23832
804-218-3409 mobile
804-777-9001 office
804-423-2392 e fax