Home Buying in Poway>Question Details

Mandi, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

Anyone have recommendations for a lender who will lend to someone on an L1 visa with no credit history?

Asked by Mandi, San Diego, CA Thu Jan 23, 2014

We have recently moved from overseas and are keen to buy a property, however we are having a difficult time getting a loan. We have a deposit, but have kept our property overseas, which we are renting out. The lender we just spoke with told us that we had to work our income to debt ration off both of our mortgages without accounting for rent, which would mean we couldn't borrow much. Thank you.

Help the community by answering this question:


One particular loan that I can do for non-citizens to consider is the Foreign National Loan. These loans are meant for non-residences/citizens seeking a home loan in the United States. Also, this type of loan usually requires about 20% down or more depending on the documents you have available (such as ITIN, VISA, etc.) so be prepared for that. It can also be more if you are seeking a high loan amount. The best thing for you to do is to speak with a lender such as myself to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me. Good luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 3, 2014

We have a program for applicants living and working in the U.S. on a L1 VISA
The VISA should be good for another 3 years and if it isn’t then the employer company would need to confirm that the VISA will be renewed.
You must have a Social Security Number.
If you do not have an U.S. credit then we’ll accept alternative credit.
Minimum loan amount of $300,000

feel free to contact me for more details


Thierry Abel
Senior Loan Consultant
All California Mortgage
A Division of APMC
P: (415) 464-8261
C: (415) 378-7508
F: (415) 464-2367
E: tabel@allcalifornia.com
NMLS 304353 - BRE 01380701
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 24, 2014

If you have a visa and a social security number we can view your file as a non-permanent resident alien application. What will determine your options from there relates to what you mentioned about your credit --- what history to we have on US income, assets and credit? If the answer is "little or none" we do have a program that will look at the foreign documentation and take everything into consideration, even the foreign rents. This program would have a 30% down payment requirement, but it may be the best way to go. I created a short video about mortgage options for non-permanent resident aliens. The link is below, and let me know if you think we can help further.

Rob Spinosa
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 24, 2014
I would be more than happy to help you.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
NMLS #1056079

0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 24, 2014
I believe Foreign National loans generally require 25% dp

Call Dave, he specializes in Foreign National loans

David J Pressly
Premium Mortgage Consultant (NMLS ID 410310)
HSBC Bank USA, N.A. - Mortgage Sales
225 Broadway, Suite 140
San Diego, CA 92101

Phone:     858-342-2063
Fax:          212-382-5587
Email:      david.j.pressly@us.hsbc.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 24, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer