Kristyna, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Anyone have experience with the Partnership for New Communities incentives in Chicago?

Asked by Kristyna, Chicago, IL Mon Jan 28, 2013

I understand that a $15K credit exists for homes in mixed income communities in Chicago. Does anyone have experience with this program?

Answers

4
Manuel Brown (312) 600-5710’s answer
Kristyna,

Do not lose hope. Why don't you call the Chicago HUD direct at (312) 353-5680 and see what other programs they may have currently. When one program closes another program for affordable housing is usually not to far behind. Chicago has experienced one of the slowest recovery rates in the nation so it is in EVERYONES best interest to keep some type of program going.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 28, 2013
Thanks, Manuel. This is the site I've been finding information on (provided by the developer), but the phone number is disconnected and I have not received an email reply. http://www.findyourplaceinchicago.com/pages/home/1.php

I'll give Chicago HUD a call, see if that gets me anywhere. Thanks.
Flag Mon Jan 28, 2013
The grant is actually called "Find Your Place in Chicago". It does still exist, although another organization is administering it, but is available only on select properties that are purchased directly from the developer. If you have any more questions please feel free to email me.

Alan Maynie

p.s. I know about it because I used to manage it!
Thanks, Alan. I just sent you a message. I appreciate any help you can give!
Flag Tue Jan 29, 2013
I believe this program expired, you may want to talk with a lender to get confirmation.
Hi Krystyna,

I have not worked with any of the 36 recipients of this grant, but it appears it expired May 2012.

Here is the link for the program: http://www.cct.org/impact/partnerships-initiatives/strengthe…

Hope this helps.
Thank you, that's interesting because the developer is still touting this as an incentive to buy but is being very difficult to work with or to put anything in writing. I'm going to continue looking for information but I appreciate the link you posted!
Flag Mon Jan 28, 2013