Home Buying in Union City>Question Details

Marie Sander…, Home Buyer in 07306

Anyone have any sucess in appealing property taxes in Union City, NJ? I am buying a home around $275 but the taxes will be over $9k/yr.

Asked by Marie Sanderson, 07306 Mon Jan 2, 2012

The taxes are actually consistent with other similarly priced homes in the area, but seem high compared to neighboring towns (JC Heights, N.Bergen,Weehawken)

Answers

6
Your yearly taxes should be $8,700, deadline to appeal is 4/1/2014. I actually appeal taxes for a small fee, please email me if you shall need my services.
Hi - i want to appeal my property taxes - can you please tell me your office address or phone #. thanks Nelson
Flag Fri Jul 11, 2014
My tax has been reduced to ~9000 from ~12000 after appeal. If your house sale is normal sale (not short sale/forclosure/flip), 9K is almost within the 15% error range so you probably won't get much deduction for your tax. But it doesn't hurt to consult an attorney for a free evaluation. You can also do tax appeal by yourself but attorney probably will get you a better result. Good luck!
I'm not sure about the Union City, but I was able to reduce property tax by about 45% in Atlantic City, NJ. They had reevaluated all properties in 2008 to current market value at that time but current housing market is now lower. You need to find comparable sales in your area - best bet would be to ask a real estate agent. Then properly calculate the requested assessed value for your appeal. See below link for formulas and how to convert between assessed value and true market value. http://podatekdochodowy.com/article.php?article_id=240&l…
Give Matt Nolan a call @ 732.513.1357. I am currently working with him on an appeal for my entire development. Tell him FRANCESCA sent you and he will take god care of you or he gets no further referrals.

He DOES NOT charge for a preliminary evaluation and he will not pursue an appeal is unjustified.

I interviewed many appraisers for my community project having knowledge of the process and this guy has certainly turned out to be a great choice. I live in a community where everyone complains about everything and to date, no complaints and nothing but kudos! So lucky am I that I can face my neighbors with a smile.

Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associate,, ePro, SRES
Francesca@Patrizio.RE.com
732.606.2931 (Direct/Cell 24/7)
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
Actually everyone I have ever asked has been successful in getting some reduction...Granted it might not be as much as you like- but if you argue them you will get some reduction...I recomend you hire an attorney that is farmiliar in the area with this type of tax appeal...Gess Gess and Scanlan in Hoboken 201-610-1340 are very good...If you are purchasing a new construction condo and it still is within it's 5 year tax abaitment you probably will not be successful (though the fact that they are 9k I am assuming it is not)...Hope that helps...Congratulations on the new home-Anthony Curty Liberty Realty 201-937-8802.
This is my blog within the blog is a clickable link to an area to get the forms and information to help you fight your taxes. It's $39 Best $39 you'll ever spend.

read the blog and go take advantage of the information It's the same info I use to organize my thoughts and the appeal process. Don;t tey to fight it without some information and organization

http://njrealestateguy.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-to-reduce-re…