Home Buying in Middleton>Question Details

M, Home Buyer in Massachusetts

Anyone have any input on raising a family in Middleton?

Asked by M, Massachusetts Sun May 30, 2010

Answers

6
Have been involved in the town since 1986. Yes it has grown & yes Rte 114 can be busy, but there is still a wonderful small town atmosphere. Love the sense of community. I have a booklet on the events throughout the year for children, families & adults. This Saturday night the 1728 Club has organized a Comedy Night with a silent auction of items at Angelica's to raise money for events for the children & Seniors.

In March I read to the second grade class at Fuller Meadow for Read Across America week. It is one of my favorite things to do every year! This year the theme was Farm Animals. Read the book Beatrice's Goat base on a true story. The children were so engaging, had thoughtful questions & the class was small in size. We had so much fun!

Please let me know if you would like the booklet emailed to you, so you too can get a feeling about this delightful small town.

Pam Cote
I have lived in Middleton for over 30years born and raised it is wonderful town, quiete but has all to accomodate anything withing the areas surrounding. Middleton has been over developed in the last 10years but is still a wonderful place to live great schools as well
Middleton is mainly on rt 114, between North Andover and Danvers, It is a small town. There is quite a bit of new condominiums under construction. Be careful if you look at condos at Cranberry Commons.
I was raised in a prestigious MetroWest location in Massachusetts. We are very happy with Middleton. It's very convenient to the highways and other amenities. The kids had no problem making friends and have been warmly welcomed in to the Middleton school system. The schools are top-notch. The teachers are fabulous. I can't say enough! They pay attention to detail and the kids are doing better here than from a nearby town that supposedly had a "blue-ribbon" school. It is part of the Tri-town, meaning that Middleton students will merge with Boxford and Topsfield at the Mascanomet Middle and High-Schools. Both top-notch. They have a FREE park program in the summer that is run for 6 weeks at a nearby school. Runs for about 3 or 4 hours, weather permitting. You drop your kids off, they meet other kids and they have simple crafts and games available. The kids choose what they want to do. It was a fabulous way for especially the elementary-aged students to meet other kids (including upper elementary). It has a small-town feel. You can actually get to know people fairly easily compared to the other large towns in the area. There is a range of backgrounds of people too, even though it's considered to be a "higer-end" town. I don't find it to be as "stuffy" as the town that I grew up in. Something for everyone. There are some nice, small town events throughout the year too. Fantastic fireworks in July with quite a nice fair and a fabulous Halloween event with a haunted hay-ride to name a few. The library is small, but nice. Good luck!
Hi Morgan- Chech out this link as well-
http://www.city-data.com/city/Middleton-Massachusetts.html

Also, I'm very familiar with Middleton; its an excellent town on many levels. I'd have no qualms about raising a family there. Masco is an excellent high school, etc.
Great location for commuters, etc. Not a lot of urban "sprawl" or noise...
Good luck, and let me know if I can be of any help.
-Ken L.
Middleton is a very nice area and the schools are ranked high.

http://www.greatschools.org/search/search.page?c=school&…

http://www.greatschools.org/search/search.page?state=MA&…

The median home price in Middleton is around $400k right now. Send me a message if you have any other questions about the area. I would be glad to help you out.

http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Middleton-Massachusetts/ma…