Home Buying in Rye>Question Details

Zoeyee, Home Buyer in 10708

Anyone familiar with the condos in Rye near the train Station?

Asked by Zoeyee, 10708 Mon Mar 12, 2012

I saw there are few condo listings near the Rye train station, seems very affordable, between 200k-300k for one bedroom, are there any reasons that the prices are low compare to the similar condos in Westchester.
Are they easy to rent out if I purchase as a investment?

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Rye

Answers

5
Believe you're referring to what was initially referred to as " Rye Colony Apartments". That complex is not condos but in fact co-ops. Don't know what the by-laws are re: renting them out, do know that dogs are not allowed. However, it's always seemed peculiar odd, per my perspective, that those units were undervalued compared to therest of Rye's Real Estate Market.
Incredibly convenient for commuters since train station is practically across the street. Also convenient to walk downtown to Post Office, etc.
Don't know if any garages are available. I expect the price reflects unit w/out garage. Originally, I believe all 2 bedroom units had the bathroom upstairs.
All units have back decks. depending on location of unit size and privacy of deck vary.
I like them, personally.
Hi Zoeyee, Im an agent in Rye and also live in the Ryview condos on Theodore Fremd. The building I live in has studios and 1 bedrooms that are definitely affordable, they are rentable as well. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Hi Christy,

They are 15 Chestnut St, 181 Purchase St and 100 Theodore Fremd Ave.

Also 184 Purchase St seems have a higher price, wonder why?

Thanks for your help!
Hi: We are very familiar with that neighborhood & have a few listings there as well. We can help you to analyze the values as well to make sure that you're not overpaying. Some of the neighborhoods are in a flood zone, so be careful with that. Please call me for a list of available units. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty, 914-273-9688. BTW, we're looking for more agents & offer a 70% commission split with no fees. If you know anybody who might be interested, I'll pay you up to $1,000 each for your agent recruits. Have a great day.
Hi Zoeyee:

Depending on where they are located in that area, there are some condos that have issues with water. Where specifically are these condos? Do you have addresses? There are a couple of condo developments in that area as well as coops.