Barbara, Both Buyer and Seller in Lebanon, NJ

Anyone ever dealt w Prudential Relo.They move slower than molasses, I am 2 wks past previously scheduled closing date & they stll aren't

Asked by Barbara, Lebanon, NJ Wed Jul 13, 2011

ready. Seller didn't complete an inspection issues, Pru bought them out prematurely, now they are taking more than a reasonable time to complete required items. My original scheduled closing date is 7/15. I don't think they are going to be ready -- should I bail if they don't meet the date?

Answers

4
Take a deep breath and hang in there. With Relo owned properties, each inquiry/negotation is like running something up a long flag pole and bringing it back down again. You are working with a company, and with that comes the delays that go so often with beauracracy. Keep you agent and attorney on it, so you don't fall to the bottom of someone's pile.

Good luck with your closing!

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
I have dealt with them before and usually they are on time. Seller being bought out "early" has more to do with their timed move to the new job than your closing. You need to speak to your attorney especially if the closing date is July 15th and today is only the 13th. Usually it's up up the listing agent once the sellers have moved out to make sure the inspection issues are completed.

Any closing, not just relocation, is given an "on or before" closing date but there have been many times that they close after that for such issues as uncompleted inspection issues. You probably won't be able to bail without incurring hefty penalties. Again speak to your attorney and your agent and get them to get things moving forward.
.
I have dealt with PRM many times over the last 10 plus years. They have had numerous changes over the years now working out of Az. They have vendors who are approved for work needed but you may be best off trying to get credits for repairs in order to close quicker. With original date of July 15th not here yet you may be jumping the gun. Your attorney will have to call for time of essence before you can consider bailing out.
please do not duplicate!!!!!