Renx, Home Buyer in Great Neck, NY

Anybody or website can provide a more accurate m.v for the houses?

Asked by Renx, Great Neck, NY Thu Nov 27, 2008

An agent is helping me to look for a house in Great neck. Whenever i am interested in a house and want the agent to find me the market value from the public record which only the real estate agents have the access to, he always refused to tell us and said though he is helping us to look for the house, he is still not the buyer's agent, but the seller's agent, is that true? Which website could provide more accurate market value and we can give a reasonable offer for the houses we like?

Answers

10
LAWRENCE & SHEILA AGRANOFF’s answer
Any NYS Licensed agent can give you comps for a home. We are Certified to represent both buyers and sellers in a transaction. If we are working for the Seller, we can still give you comparasions for a home. But if we are working as a Buyers Agent, we are working for you as our client and not the seller. In most cases, it does not cost you any additonal expenses to have a Realtor work for you as a buyers representative. If you would like any additonal information on Buyers Agent vs Sellers agent you can contact us at http://www.suffolkexperts.com
Hello I am very familiar with the Great Neck area and would be happy to give you some comps and advice for the property you are interested in.

Please text / call me at (516) 445-7636
Sarit Elias
Edna Mashaal Realy
Shohreh kohan, agent, Great Neck
You may ask your agent to provide you comps of the listings that recently sold or currently are available
in the area of your interest.

If you need any further information you may contact me:
Shkohan@yahoo.com
516-313-3231
Providing comps is performing a service for a customer that is at the client level. You are working for them, not for the seller.
There is nothing unethical about providing a buyer with comps. You use the word "advice". Comparables are facts, not opinions. There are Realtors who distort the facts by providing mis-leading comparisons, but that's a different issue entirely.
You are certainly entitled to comps (data which shows what comparable houses sold for). I generally work as a Buyer's Agent, but even as a Seller's Agent provide comps. My suggestion is that you stop working with the agent. I can't help but wonder why he is refusing to show you data unless it doesn't support the prices of the houses he is showing you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lewis, as a seller's agent or a broker's agent do you think you can ethically give a buyer customer advice about the worth of the house? Think OLDCAR.
Renx,

You should consider hiring a buyers agent to represent your interests. Here are some of the benefits: First, you know that someone is looking out for your best interest. In addition you will have access to the most up to date market information regarding recent sales and pending sales. Lastly, the commission for the buyers agent is most often is part of the transaction with most if not all of the fee coming from the seller.

Best of luck to you!
My best advice is to have a Realtor work as a buyer's agent, representing you and your interests. In that capacity, we are able to provide the best current comparatives to help you offer a true current market value.

If you would like further assistance for Great Neck, feel free to contact me off line at Gail@GailGladstone.com; I would be happy to represent you.

Otherwise, I can also refer you to someone else to represent your interests. It does not cost you anything additional to have a Realtor represent you.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
Yes it is. It is a client level service. However you can also look up what a house sold for in the public record. That's why it's called "public". Suffolk county has a website where my customers get a lot of information, I'm sure Nassau does also.