Katie, Home Buyer in York, PA

Anybody know what taxes are in Dover?

Asked by Katie, York, PA Sun Sep 14, 2008

My family and I are looking to move into the area but I cannot find any info on annual tax cost.

Answers

6
Mike Barshinger’s answer
school is 21.43, York County is 4.52, and Dover Township is 1.00 for millage rates. If you can see what the assessed value of the home you have or may be looking at, add these numbers up, move the decimal point to the left 2 spaces. A house assessed at $100,000 would be multiplied for total year taxes at a millage rate of 26.95 or .02695 making taxes $2,695 a year.
Katie, I missed one detail that I meant to give you in the previous note:

The home assessed for $160,000 in Dover Township has taxes of $318 per month.
A home assessed for $160,000 in Dover Boro would be 9 or 10 dollars a month more in taxes.

Eileen's Green Team
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 15, 2008
Katie, this is a very general answer to a very general question. If you want more details, please feel to contact me and I will get you accurate numbers on the particular property you are interested in.

However, for an initial educated guess on what you should allow in your budget for taxes on a home in Dover, Pa., use something between 1.7 and 2 times the sale price.

For example, if you buy a 200,000 home you will probably pay pay something between $3400 and $4000 per year, or about $300 to $350 per month in taxes.

That is a very ROUGH rile of thumb and changes each year depending on the assessment-to-market value ratio, the millage rate, and the municipality where the home is located. Ex. Dover boro has higher taxes than Dover Township. I do know that a home in Dover Township that is assessed at $160,000 has monthly taxes of $318.

If you don't already have an agent, I would be happy to talk with you to give you more specific information.

Eileen's Green Team at Gateway
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 15, 2008
Would need to know the specific property address. Do you have a buyers agent specialist helping you out in Dover ? That would be my first recommendation. If you do not have one, we can refer some great agents to you.

You can email us through our site below. Go to the "contact us" page.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 14, 2008
Katie,

Assessed value, not assesed... sorry for the spelling error.

Shelley
Web Reference: http://www.YourYorkHome.com
Katie,

The current tax rate in Dover school district is 18.87 mills, the County rate is 4.0 mills and municipal rates vary. If you are looking for a home, taxes are done on assesed value, not market price/value. If you need information on a specific property/properties please feel free to contact us.

Shelley Kefauver