Faulkland, Home Buyer in Redmond, WA

Anybody know of any new single family home developments in 98004 in 2011?

Asked by Faulkland, Redmond, WA Tue Jan 11, 2011

Answers

11
Lindy Hisatomi’s answer
Dear Fulkland,
As you may or may not know, over 98% of Bellevue in general is already built out. The usual 'plats' are rare to find and go at pretty high figures. The Camwest and DR Horton communities are realy the only ones that I know of at the present time, other than single builder spec homes. If your budget allows, there are some 'tear-downs' owned by builders and ready for a custom buyer. At my office, we have many connections to the builders who do just such construction.
If you have not yet found what you want and if 98004 is your only location, you may want to find good quality remodels or re-builds in the neigboring zip codes.
If you need some expert advice from a local lagent, I'm your woman with a back ground both in new construction and interiors.
If the price points in the 'Gold Coast' dont work for you, there are several good quality areas just outside the zip code with some new construction and many remodels.
Feel free to contact me at: lindyhisatomi@cbba.com. I'll be happy to converse with you online and see how I can help you. Yours, Lindy Hisatomi, CRS, Broker.

I
Contact me to go over your criteria a little more in depth.
We like to set ourselves a bit apart, by having the flexability to rebate up to 1% of the purchase price at closing.
Get ahold of me for more details.
Dear Faulkland,
I would be happy to set you up on an automated search for new single family home developments in area code 98004. You will receive an e-mail the same day a new development is listed. We could even narrow it down to a specific criteria such as bedrooms, baths, size of lot, etc.
Web Reference: http://www.ltarantola.com
Dear Faulkland,

Since you're from Redmond, You must have a definite reason for focusing on 98004, maybe to be near work or a specific school? I'm wondering why you are focusing only on new construction. As prices have come down in the last few years, including in 98004, I suggest you consider some of the amazing resale values there, as well as the limited in fill new construction projects.

On my website at http://www.karenmcknight.com is a great way to get an idea of what your money can buy in 98004. Just click on the property search button on the left and a map interface will pop up.
You have a lot of great answers below that I could have noted as well, but no reason to repeat. All good information & good questions that were asked of you. What I would point out, is that you would be better off asking these questions of an agent you are working with because they would be more then willing to do all of the necessary research for you knowing that you would be buying a house sometime. If you are not working with an agent already, I would recommend that you do so as soon as possible.

I would suggest that as a buyer, you Google every agent that responds to your question here on Trulia, learn as much as you can about who they are online, read their client testimonials, so you know what their clients are saying about them, and then give us each a call and just ask us why we think you should work with us instead of another agent. Then, pick the best fit for you and let them go to work for you with the skill and knowledge that they have. I hope to hear from you soon
Several plats started last year and still have homes sites being built. Are you only interested in 2011? Curious what the difference would be if it's new construction and no one has lived in it?
Hi There,

Gosh, there are only 2 things I can think of. Off the top of my head is Spring Creek off of Bellevue Way and they still have some homes left to build. (May be just outside of 98004) It looks quite large and I heard through the grapevine that they have Tom Douglas designed kitchens. That caught my attention! Camwest is a reputable builder so you would be in good hands.

The only other community I can think of are DH Horton homes on 10th or 11th which will give you a little bit of that "master planned community" but those are more like detached townhomes and on the smaller side.

As you may know, it REALLY tough to find any large areas of land suitable for a SFR development in 98004. Homes in this area are either R4/R5 zoning or really packed in there. Generally there are only single lots and tear downs where you'd want to build something on there yourself. Even doing that, you'd still get a sense of community if that's what you're looking for. 98004 is top notch and a tight-knit area.

If you've not particular about 98004, there are some really nice new developments within 5 minutes in dowtown Kirkland and Houghton by Camwest in 2011.

If you definitely need new and in 98004, and aren't finding anything look up TEC Homes. They do custom builds in Bellevue and Kirkland and have a beautiful product for a fair price.

Jennifer Nilssen
TEC Real Estate
206-853-1491
There is a new development that hasn't started yet in 98005, near the 98004 border. I do not believe it is listed yet. Let me know if you want more info.
Most of the new stuff in that area would be seven or eight figures. Just out of curiosity, why are you limiting yourself to 2011? While in that price range you'd probably be less likely to have some of the construction type issues that you'd have with other houses, there is still something to be said for having stood the test of time.

Two or three years ago I had a 1M+ listing and the basement area flooded out during a mega-rainstorm due to some very bad landscaping decisions. Given that the house was built on a sloped lot it was the last house I was worried about during the storm.

Besides that, though, it really limits your choices without any real benefit that I can see. So if you don't mind, why do you want such a limitation?
Faulkland,

I had a slight error in that last link. Try this one. There are 12 homes that are listed, at this point, as single family in 98004 that are built in 2011

http://www.matrix.nwmls.com/DE.asp?k=1526611XQV43&p=DE-3…

As mentioned below, there are others from 2010 that might be of interest. Let me know if you would like to see those too.
Faulkland,

You can follow this link to see all the homes that are listed in the NWMLS at this time that are set to be completed in 2011.

Of course there are probably homes that were built in 2010 that have not sold yet either. If you would like to see those just shoot me an email.