Home Buying in Phoenixville>Question Details

Dan Kirsch, Home Buyer in Phoenixville, PA

Anybody have any thoughts on the Caines Creek townhouse complex in Pheonixville? Is it a well run community?

Asked by Dan Kirsch, Phoenixville, PA Sun Apr 5, 2009

I drove through and saw several end units with discolored or moldy exteriors on the sides and was concerned with how well the places are taken care of around there. I really like the interior of the place i looked at though.... Any thoughts?

Answers

4
.I always tell my clients to drive by the property of their interest on different times and days; some associations are stricter than others. It is not uncommon to see homes with discolored sidings, some association inspect the property and will ask the seller to make the necessary repairs before issuing a sales certificate. I can send you the sales activity history of Caines Creek that way you can see what sold recently and how the association addressed the exterior, however as Agents we cannot promote or steer you away from a specific area or property as it is illegal.
let me know how i can help.
hahner@kw.com
Hello Dan,
Hadjer answered your question well. Realtors cannot make judgements on areas based on opinion. You would be better off talking to people and businesses in the area.
The very best of luck to you!
Michael

Michael D Delp
Mortgage Pro
4802 Old Bethlehem Pike,
Telford Pa. 18969
Ph- 215-453-1025
Fax- 215-453-1012
Cell- 610-762-0318
michaelddelp@aol.com
michaelddelp@verizon.net
http://www.mortgagepro.instantlender.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 6, 2009
We drive past this complex every day on our way to work. I like the location, but haven't seen any of the properties on the inside.
I have another reason for concern though - this complex has an old rail line going literally through their backyard. Even though it is inactive at the moment, there have been some discussions on and off about reactivating that rail line and linking Phoenixville to the R5 Septa line. Overall, that would be great, I am always in favor of having more public transport options, but I wouldn't wanna be a homeowner in Caines Creek to wake up one morning to the sound of a train going through my backyard.
Hello Dan,

I am the Top Realtor in Phoenixville. I have sold many homes in Caines Creek both as the Seller Agent and the Buyer's agent. A good thought would be to speak to some of the existing homeowners to ask their opinion of how the association cares for the properties. I can tell you that many have gotten new facades and they are continuing that throughout the complex. The association is responsible for the outside of the units as you are aware and as with any association, a homeowner can place a work order to the association requesting that specific items be taken care of...i.e. mold issues.

Feel free to contact me at anytime with questions you may have or to assist you with your buying wants and needs. Have a wonderful day!

Jennifer Daywalt, Realtor
Top Realtor 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Re/Max Results Realty
610-999-7693 Direct Line
610-489-7355 Main Office
http://www.JenniferDaywalt.com
Sellinghomesjenn@aol.com